The FBI appears to be focusing on Puget Sound

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spectre

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
From the Associated Press [including a whistle blower phone number]:

Coast Guard Warns Puget Sound
Monday, June 10, 2002

SEATTLE — The Coast Guard warned Saturday evening of a potential terrorist threat to "maritime interests" around Puget Sound.

"Based on information received across the U.S. Government, there is a credible threat to maritime interests from swimmers and divers," Lt. Scott Casad of the Coast Guard Marine Safety Office Puget Sound said in a release.

He said the Coast Guard had told local port officials and maritime business owners to be on guard for suspicious activity.

No further details on possible targets or what triggered the warning were released. Casad did not immediately return a phone call Saturday evening.

The warning followed one from FBI national headquarters on May 23 that "various terrorist elements have sought to develop an offensive scuba diver capability."

FBI agents have been questioning scuba diving instructors in Washington and around the country about any suspicious activity, including students interested in learning about underwater demolition.

Also, the Washington State Patrol last week was making random vehicle searches at public ferry terminals. The searches were done on the advice of the Washington State Ferries Security Committee, made up of staff from the Coast Guard, State Patrol and ferry system.

The Coast Guard's Casad asked Saturday that any suspicious maritime activity be reported to the Coast Guard Marine Safety Office Puget Sound, at (206) 217-6230 or 1 (800) 688-6664.

Could it be a tall guy and a short guy being pulled around on long black tubes???????? black and blue suits...chasing guard dolphins away...... hmmmmm :jester:

Those Gavin scooters do look suspiciously reminiscent of the Fat Boy device...

Could the Warhammer Maneuver be considered a terrorist act???

:jester:

Hmmm well I guess that just "Depends":jester:

Where can I sign up for the underwater demolition specialty - sounds a blast!!

Originally posted by Jonathan
Where can I sign up for the underwater demolition specialty - sounds a blast!!

There's an AOW course that could get the FBI knocking on your door...

"Hi... I'd like to take AOW. The 4 specialties I'd like are low-vis, rebreather, DPV, and demolition. I.... uh... gotta do some work on my septic tank"

Could the Warhammer Maneuver be considered a terrorist act???
Uh, I wouldn't suggest trying that one here unless you have a really really good tolerance to the cold. :moon:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom