The Elusive Hooded Shorty???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dtbriten

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm essentially looking for a 5mm core warmer with attached hood which doesn't seem to exist.. so I figured a sleeveless shorty would be the same thing. I can't find one with an attached hood. I rented one in Cabo last winter so i know they exist!! Any ideas or links?

I think Henderson makes what your looking for...

well i havent recieved mine as yet, snafu in the ordering or delivering but supposedly thats what i am buying is a sleeveless shorty with attached hood. its made by bare. This is the site i ordered it from. www.divetank.com
i ordered the 7mm arctic vest sgs. but since im a fat ******* had to get the 3xl ordered directly from the manufacture, had a snafu and still havent recieved it. So i dont know about divetank yet. the guy seems really nice and apologetic and i have seen other people that i think have ordered from divetank. But i dont know, still waiting on mine, but if its one that they have in stock you should have no problems. (i hope)

btw....look under wetsuits also to find more options, not just the vest's thats where the one i ordered is

I have a Bare hooded vest and love it. Hood is comfortable and it shuts down the back zip seepage. I did try some by AKONA when shopping and as mentioned henderson has them in multiple materials.

My wife has one (hooded vest) done by LiquidFit and it you want to go beyond the plain hooded vest she'll create whatever you want.

Pete

Mares made one that was good, but I havent seen a new version since they changed suppliers.

dtbriten:
I'm essentially looking for a 5mm core warmer with attached hood which doesn't seem to exist.. so I figured a sleeveless shorty would be the same thing. I can't find one with an attached hood. I rented one in Cabo last winter so i know they exist!! Any ideas or links?

Where are you? Pacific Wilderness in San Pedro California has racks and racks full of these for about $70.00 each.

hardhat:
Bare makes a hooded vest that you wear under a wet suit.
I'm looking for a corewarmer / sleeveless shorty because I want the lower torso covered. Am looking for Galapagos, Soccorro wear / colder water. so a vest wouldn't do what I want.

Where am I? About as far away from CA as I can get.. Massachusetts <grin> What brand are these racks of sleeveless hooded shorties? Do you know? Also, I went to Bare's sight. I can't find a sleeveless shorty with hood????

Back
Top Bottom