The Dive Stop a review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avonthediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello Muck Diver's
Well I have been working in Missouri but Sat a buddy an I went down to the Dive Stop as special guests of the owner of the "A Scuba'AH Shoppe" dive shop.
we got their at around Nine in the morn and met with the staff who were waiting for us!
paid our $25.00 an as a bonus we got set up with gear and tank's free of charge! pretty cool so far, so anyway me made our way down to the quarry an set up. it was only the two of us for the time so we had the run of the place.
we were told that the water conditions were ok as they had a good turn over in the quarry the caused the algi to bloom. this was not so good :depressed:
I had brought my gear an only a 3mm thinking it was warm...ya right.
at 20 to 25 ft it was very warm at around 75 or so. the viz was about 5 ta 10 the whole time we were their an thats ok as I'm used to viz like this.
Now comes the bad part it got very, very cold after 25ft! one of the staff who was working on a new tranning dock told us it was around 65 at that depth...no way try in the 50's...beeerrrrrrrrrr!
so any way we did not let that stop us so we got in two dives and had a good time.
but I think the best part of this was the way we were treated. the staff is just the top's, I mean for an up an coming dive spot one day once they get all of their new dock's and site's in place and get the water looking better you wont be able to find better service!
As of now they are working out of small trailers and have a tent set up. and they are working on getting the water cleaned up so it will be a good close place to get wet in the future!
So if I had to rate the Dive Stop it would be a 5 on the diving and a 10 plus on the service! so if you are looking for a great way to spend a day give it a try.
and if any of the staff of the Stop are reading this thanks once again! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom