The Dive Market

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Essroc123:
Thanks for all the responses.

Let me tell you where my question originated from....

I work in the information technology field, and it is also a very hardcore hobby for me. (yes guys I am techno geek).

When I build a computer from scratch and I start with say vendor A'a motherboard. It is almost a guaranteed lock that I am going to buy vendor A's CPU, video card and any other hardware that is made by vendor A as well. Why? Well computer hardware is very homogenous. It likes it's own type. Yes it will work with other hardware from vendor B, C and D, but just not the same.

I am gathering from the above responses that dive equipment is not the same way?

Just a little peek into the mind of Will Johnson.

Safe Dives,

Will Johnson
Will,
The only places that analogy holds in diving is regulators, where the IP may make it a good idea to stick with the same manufacturer for first and second stages, and some electrical stuff like scooters and lights.

The overall package is more like the items on and around your desk. While the computer and fax machine may have some personality issues, using different sources for your chair and desk is very unlikely to cause a problem.

Back
Top Bottom