The Dec 16th snowstorm...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You get no sympathy from me. I grew up in Buffalo, NY where 16in of snow barely fazes the locals. If you get 25 or 35 inches in a day then post pictures...:14:

Yeah, Buffalo gets quite a bit...

How cold does it get in the dead of winter?

A.

Toronto got some of that storm as well......it was fun driving that night....so many people seem to forget what the white stuff is from last year's winter. Drives me mad!

Last big snowstorm like this was in March 1971 (I wasn't around yet)... 43.2 cm...

I can just imagine the snowbanks when you consider all the snow that was already on the ground...

Sigh... Only 5 months before diving season... Still don't own a drysuit...

Alex

I was in Montreal on Dec. 5 & 6. It was fun walking up to McGill University from the Hilton Bonaventure hotel. Can't imagine what it would be like with serious snow on the ground.

abitton:
Yeah, Buffalo gets quite a bit...

How cold does it get in the dead of winter?

A.

Check your data, Syracuse, NY gets more snow. How cold does it get in Buffalo?? Well I do remember one year in college when just before the end of the Fall semester, mid December, it hit 70+ degrees. Of course, in February the temps can get nasty, maybe down to a few degrees below 0 degrees F, just like Chicago or maybe even Cleveland.

That's why there's more snow than here in Montreal... It gets too cold for it to snow in Jan and Feb... We routinely get -20 F to -30 F temps, with usually one or two weeks of solid -30 F highs...

We get our major snow mostly in March, although there are snowfalls all winter long, when the temps get a bit warmer. When this last one hit, it was about 20-25 F, but the previous week or so we had been getting 5-10...

MikeC:
Check your data, Syracuse, NY gets more snow. How cold does it get in Buffalo?? Well I do remember one year in college when just before the end of the Fall semester, mid December, it hit 70+ degrees. Of course, in February the temps can get nasty, maybe down to a few degrees below 0 degrees F, just like Chicago or maybe even Cleveland.

Back
Top Bottom