The death of a 'Mermaid'

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pippin has written a memoirs where all this sad story is described. I don't know whether it was already published - I got the editor's copy of it. Great book.
Mania

"Honey, y'know I get this incredible rush from taking a revolver, putting a single bullet in the chamber, spinning it, then pointing it at my head and pulling the trigger. And I want you to share in that excitement. Because I love you."

Hard to believe.

mccabejc:
"Honey, y'know I get this incredible rush from taking a revolver, putting a single bullet in the chamber, spinning it, then pointing it at my head and pulling the trigger. And I want you to share in that excitement. Because I love you."

Hard to believe.

Point taken, but the blame can't be laid on Pippens' shoulders, Audrey did have her own mind, regardless of how much she loved him.

I love Mr Mares deeply, and would do ALMOST anything for him but not if I didn't want to.

Mrs Mares:
Point taken, but the blame can't be laid on Pippens' shoulders, Audrey did have her own mind, regardless of how much she loved him.

I love Mr Mares deeply, and would do ALMOST anything for him but not if I didn't want to.

If I'm not mistaken, key members of his crew/team/frineds have placed much of the blame on him. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Even Pipin himself accepts much of the blame. Read the book, it's fascinating.

Putting all blame aside, it seems to me that the sport of free diving has lost one of its greatest. Her family and friends will be in my thoughts and prayers tonight.

Kayla

It is a hauntingly sad story. I am not trying to lay blame, it's too late to really matter, isn't it? There is a possibility that this story will be made into a movie, starring Selma Hayek.

Foo:
It is a hauntingly sad story. I am not trying to lay blame, it's too late to really matter, isn't it? There is a possibility that this story will be made into a movie, starring Selma Hayek.

It's not too late to matter if actually sitting there and objectively figuring out what went wrong saves some future lives.

I think far too often we don't want to "assign blame" out of some misaligned fear of not being respectful enough.

For example, If I ever screw up a dive and kill myself, I give you all permission to analyze the heck out of it. If I screwed up, say so, but more importantly, explain how. I don't want others making the same mistakes.

And for the record I think Pipin basically killed her. Certainly not intentionally, but the inattention to basic safety precautions and details is mind-blowing in hindsight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom