The Cure For Flooding?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

havnmonkey:
Ah yes, I figured it was along those lines. Housings are very inexpensive to build for cameras that you sell anyways.

But you gotta admit it would be cool to have an 8.0 mp Nikonos X w/ various wide angle lenses. Imagine how comapct it would be compared to a housed DSLR!

Thats correct and I thought of this for sometime now. The idea is centered around the award winning Nikonos 15mm U/W wide angle lens mating up with a U/W housing (not hard to do). The 15mm will still be exposed to the water, just the point and shoot camera is in the housing, less its lens bolted up to the 15mm.

This will work with PS only because they are both (Nikonos and PS) rangefinder cameras. This will be very profitable for Nikon because one, they already make the Nikonos 15mm and two the PS camera that they will be using for this, comes without a lens and focusing motor/electronics. So the price of the camera will be much less than their best PS with a lens.

And you know how much housings are going for, this housing will be even cheaper because it does not need a lens port...the 15 mm is the lens and dome port combine.

I sure hope they give us a free sample unit. :wink:

Tortuga Roja:
I never saw that before. Looks like a nice pocket camera. I wonder why they discontinued it.
Possibly the worst camera ever made....

Impossible to get a sharp picture. The photos were so pixelated it wasn't funny... IMHO completely useless.

I had two as rentals for a short while when they first came out but after trying them out i was embarrased to rent them and got rid of em.....

I truly have no idea how S&S quality control could have let them be sold...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom