The CORE Plan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Lori

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well...those of you on Weight Watchers out there, waddaya think?

It's the plan I am currently on and have done a fantastic job at it. I've gotten rid of some pesky pounds that wouldn't move and I'm looking forward to more slipping away.

Lori

Diver Lori:
Well...those of you on Weight Watchers out there, waddaya think?

It's the plan I am currently on and have done a fantastic job at it. I've gotten rid of some pesky pounds that wouldn't move and I'm looking forward to more slipping away.

Lori

what is the core plan? sorry for my ingnorance.

BFM:
what is the core plan? sorry for my ingnorance.

It's Weight Watchers no plan. Basically, it's getting away from processed foods, breads, and most starches. The hype is that you don't have to write anything down, you eat until you're satisfied on foods that are on the Core list. Any food not on the list have to be counted against the 35 points you are allowed PER WEEK, so you do still have to count and journal some points.

I'm sticking to the Flex Plan mainly because it's working fine for me. I may working in more of the Core foods for some healthier choices but I'll still journal and count points.

The good thing is the WW kept the Flex Plan so now you have your choice. You can switch from one plan to another, a week at a time. One plan doesn't always fit all so this way, we have a choice to really customize a plan that fits us and our lifestyle.

to get the best info on it, go to the Weight Watchers website. Also check out their message boards to get a true feel of our the plan is working...or not....for everyone.

Hi Lori,
I am starting CORE tomorrow. Gee...I'm always starting the diet "tommorow." Really, this time I really am. And I'm not calling it a diet.It seems just fantastic. Finally I can focus on healthy eating. Flex didn't work for me because I hated all of the counting and I would just get fed up. I am very excited. I attended the meeting, and now I'm ready. I have 40 pounds to lose. My husband has about 80 to lose. I really am looking forward to getting into shape because being this large really effects my diving and my breathing. I also hear that being fat and out of shape puts you at a higher risk for DCS. We're going to Cozumel over Thanksgiving and I sure am looking forward to feeling better about myself, and having my eating under control. By then I should have a decent amount of weight off, although I'm not going to focus on a number. I just want to feel better! I have noticed that since I have gained so much weight I sweat a lot and get hot easily. It's embarrassing! That would be neat to communicate over Scubaboard with other Weight Watchers who are following the CORE program, especially this early on in the program. Some pointers would be great. Anyone else out there doing this?

Poodles,

The key with CORE is to listen to your stomach and your brain....when you are "comfortable" push the plate away! This is not an "all you can eat" plan if you stick to the list....it's very important to STOP when you are just feeling satisfied. Also it helps you to make better choices.....for example....

On Flex you had two points left.....what to eat? a banana or a WW 2Points bar?? Well, most would pick the chocolate carmel 2Pts bar hands down. Now on CORE, which would you pick? The banana is "free" and the 2 Pts Bar costs you , well 2 points??? Get the picture? You'll make LOADS more informed choices on CORE.

Also, the tomato sauce recipe in the Week 1 book is awesome and easy. I doubled the garlic in it and it's delicious!!!

Another helpful site is www.dwlz.com Go to the messageboard link and you'll find LOADS of support on a bazillion topics. Also loads of recipes too.

Diver Lori:
Poodles,

The key with CORE is to listen to your stomach and your brain....when you are "comfortable" push the plate away! This is not an "all you can eat" plan if you stick to the list....it's very important to STOP when you are just feeling satisfied.

Yes...this seems like it will be the hard part at first.But gosh, this is something I really need to learn. Hooray for Weight Watchers for teaching us how to listen to our bodies. I heard people saying that they didn't feel the urgency to eat all that was on their plate because they weren't counting. I know that having to count everything makes me think about food all day, and hopefully this plan will take food away from being the top priority in my mind. I'm always thinking...okay, how many points do I have left? What am I going to use it on? Is it worth it? How many points do I have left for my recipe at dinner? Hopefully these thoughts will not enter my mind as much. Lori, is pasta sauce, such as healthy choice, Core? I will try the tomato sauce. I will check in this week to let you know how its going.

Well,I'm doing the CORE. Eating right is so hard for me. I can barely go a day without messing up. My motivation is my Thanksgiving Cozumel trip. I can't dive this heavy-it is unsafe. So...I need to do this but eating right is my worst struggle.

Poodles....you can do this if you WANT to do it. If at all possible, rid your home of anything that isn't CORE. You've got 35 WPA's to use per week. If you have to have something to satisfy a craving.....use some of your WPA's for it. And ideally, if you don't have any non-CORE food in your home you'll have to physically go get whatever it is to satisfy your craving. For example, I've gone to McDonald's for one of their lowfat cones and used my WPA's for it. No ice cream in my house....only fat free yogurt.

Lori,
I so desperately want to do it. My WW leader told us to make goals for ourselves. So my first goal is to be much fitter for Cozumel in Thanksgiving. She also told us to make short term goals. I am celebrating day 3 on the program. Yipee! The beginning is always the hardest for me. Again, it's such a struggle....one of the hardest things I've ever had to do in my life, and I've had a hard life!

Hello, I am new on this board. I have been a member of WW for a couple of years. The Flex plan has worked well for me as long as my head was into it. I am curious about the Core Plan. I am not quite getting it. Is there a list of foods of foods or a menue to start with. Just so I can get an idea? I guess I'm more of a visual person. Appreciate all your help and support!! :10:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom