The biggest issue in my life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM:
I'd sort of gotten the idea from your posts over the last year that patience wasn't your strong suit . . . Something which probably works to your advantage in what you do!

It probably works to my advantage in some situations but more and more I'm finding that expecting (perhaps too much) of people, including myself, just causes stress......LOTS of stress, and that's the rub, isn't it? I'm slowly losing touch with how to relax. I feel tense and irritable too much and I tend to get 'short' with people who aren't as quick on the uptake as I am.... On the surface you can say I don't have "time" (or patience) with people who are slower than me but the problem isn't them....it's me. I don't feel burned out, just like I'm wasting 90% of my life (which is now probably about 1/2 over) waiting for the right things to happen..... On the surface I feel the same, but it's like the whole world is slowing down and I'm not....If this keeps going on like this I'll feel like the whole world has gone catatonic. Then my life will flash by one day in the 5 minutes I have to wait for a Bus and POOF! I'll explode in a burst of wound-up agonizing frustration, die on the spot from an explosive hypertension and the Bus will come late....

Probably sounds like a bunch of BS, but ok. That's where I am.

The biggest issue in my life right now is whether I'll have a job come September 1. If not, then I'll have to do a bunch of things I don't like to do . . . Talk to strangers, try to sell myself, adapt to a new work situation. The very thought exhausts me.
Judging from what you've said about your job in the past, i'd say getting the boot will be a blessing in disguise.

R..

The biggest issue in my life right now is doing what I need to do, regardless of what I want to do...

The biggest issue in my life is my in-law's health. My wife was just out to visit them and their health (mental and physical) is deteriorating rapidly. We live some twenty hours drive in good weather and a full day's flying from them.

We went through this seventeen years ago with my parents. Not much we can do except be patient. Unlimited long distance phone calls for a single price = daily conversaton with them.

Diving is a diversion for now.

Diver0001:
It probably works to my advantage in some situations but more and more I'm finding that expecting (perhaps too much) of people, including myself, just causes stress......LOTS of stress, and that's the rub, isn't it? I'm slowly losing touch with how to relax. I feel tense and irritable too much and I tend to get 'short' with people who aren't as quick on the uptake as I am.... On the surface you can say I don't have "time" (or patience) with people who are slower than me but the problem isn't them....it's me. I don't feel burned out, just like I'm wasting 90% of my life (which is now probably about 1/2 over) waiting for the right things to happen..... On the surface I feel the same, but it's like the whole world is slowing down and I'm not....If this keeps going on like this I'll feel like the whole world has gone catatonic. Then my life will flash by one day in the 5 minutes I have to wait for a Bus and POOF! I'll explode in a burst of wound-up agonizing frustration, die on the spot from an explosive hypertension and the Bus will come late....

Probably sounds like a bunch of BS, but ok. That's where I am.

Judging from what you've said about your job in the past, i'd say getting the boot will be a blessing in disguise.

R..

It's not BS & I feel for ya. I was like you a year & 1/2 ago. Somehow, someway you need to realize that you can't control the situation. Yes, people are slow, yes, they don't do their jobs correctly, yes, they could care less, but what can you do about it. Absolutely nothing! Slow down, realize people need to work at their own pace or don't have the high ethics you do. Realize you have a gift of extremely high intellegence & ethics. Be proud of yourself for that gift as many other's dont' have it and please slow down to smell the roses. You may only have 1/2 your life yet to live, but wouldn't you want to enjoy it? If you continue on this way, you will crash & burn.

Just trying to help here cuz I have been there & done it.

For me, its learning to push toothpaste left handed.

Years ago I noticed that I cut my food with my right hand, then kinda trade the knife and fork to eat the food I just cut with my right hand. I thought that was dumb, so I learned to eat left handed when I'm cutting stuff.

I noticed last week (after how many years?) that I push toothpaste with my right hand while holding the brush in my left - only to then immediately trade hands to brush my teefies.

How lame.

So I tried the other day to brush my teeth left handed - I mean, I learned to eat lefthanded, how hard could it be? Well one very sore mouth and two very puffy cheeks later, I decided it would be faster to learn to push toothpaste lefthanded.

I discovered I'm quite good at pasting my right index finger.

I also managed to flick some toothpaste into my eye. Not quite sure how I accomplished that one. MAN - it stings.

Its coming along slowly. But I'm focused on the task at hand (pun intended) and I think I'll get it wired in another few days.

After that is licked, I can move on to some other really important stuff.

---
Ken

Is satan a trick of god or is god a trick of satan?

I try to find someone's psychological motivator in order to get them to do what needs to be done if I cant' make them see my point of view. I work with people who are not the brightest bulbs on the light string, but I can make them motivated to do what I want them to by talking to them in the right way. Sure beats beating your head against the wall, which I often do when I talk to someone in an offhand manner without taking into account their point of view.

TheRedHead:
I try to find someone's psychological motivator in order to get them to do what needs to be done if I cant' make them see my point of view. I work with people who are not the brightest bulbs on the light string, but I can make them motivated to do what I want them to by talking to them in the right way. Sure beats beating your head against the wall, which I often do when I talk to someone in an offhand manner without taking into account their point of view.

What is this "their point of view" thing you speak of?

---
Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom