The best snorkeling place for soft corals and sea fans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yyuuaa

New
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I am after the reef abundant of soft corals and sea fans within 5 to 10 meters deep or even more shallow which is perfect for snorkeling. Any experience would be appreciated.

I have visited Palau and Fiji, which technically is the "Capital of soft corals", and found they are not up to my standard, may better for scuba diving in deeper area though. Somewhere in south Thailand before the recent coral bleaching was where the below photo was taken, as you can see, full of colorful soft corals and sea fans.
mix.jpg

You've already been to the best---------everything else will be 2nd fiddle & farther down the totem pole(I'd keep going back to those 2, just to different 'spots'---have you tried Beqa Lagoon?/))....

You've already been to the best---------everything else will be 2nd fiddle & farther down the totem pole(I'd keep going back to those 2, just to different 'spots'---have you tried Beqa Lagoon?/))....

Not necessarily. Although more difficult to get to, Pink Beach near Komodo Island is a phenomenal snorkel spot with wall to wall soft coral, shallow, crystal clear water, and loads of wildlife. I hesitated to post this because I would hate to see this precious little cove, beach, and coral garden damaged. If you are going to Komodo Island to see the dragons, contact Vinsensius Latif (vinsensiuslatif@gmail.com) for the dragon trek and Pink Beach snorkel trip. Or better yet, skip the dragons and have him take you directly to snorkeling.

I did a liveaboard trip around Taveuni and Savusavu, thanks for sharing Beqa Lagoon, on my list for the next Fiji trip :D

---------- Post added December 2nd, 2014 at 10:50 PM ----------

Thanks for sharing Altamira, I am always thinking about the golden triangle and your post def is a hard push.

Not necessarily. Although more difficult to get to, Pink Beach near Komodo Island is a phenomenal snorkel spot with wall to wall soft coral, shallow, crystal clear water, and loads of wildlife. I hesitated to post this because I would hate to see this precious little cove, beach, and coral garden damaged. If you are going to Komodo Island to see the dragons, contact Vinsensius Latif (vinsensiuslatif@gmail.com) for the dragon trek and Pink Beach snorkel trip. Or better yet, skip the dragons and have him take you directly to snorkeling.

fiji , i feel, is # 1
as was said,different place there!
we stayed on Kadavu island w/dive Kadavu operator and was blown away!!!!!
different place every dip and sooooooo much to see
good luck and have fun
Yaeg

Taveuni is the king - totally brilliant and only a hour flight from Nadi. Do yourself a favour and stay at the Taveuni Dive Resort newly opened and situated literally 100 m from the marina where the boats are moored.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom