The Best of the Best

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is an impressive list of destinations! I've only dived Saba I. and Desecheo I. (my favorite so far). My goals are from a particular Top 10 list, a version from Carlson-Wagonlit Travel that I like because it identifies particular dive sites, rather than whole islands. My favorite so far is Desecheo I. However, I can see that I'll have to expand my goals list considerably, based on these posts. Here's the list from Carlson for consideration (and the full link with detailed descriptions):

Top 10 Caribbean Dive Spots

Cozumel - Columbia Shallows.

U.S. Virgin Islands - St. Thomas, Cow and Calf Rocks.

Caymans - Bloody Bay Wall, Little Cayman.

Bahamas - Victory Reef, South Bimini.

British Virgin Islands - RMS Rhone.

Puerto Rico - Isla Desecheo.

Bonaire - Salt Pier.

Dominica - Scott's Head Pinnacles.

Honduras - Roatan, Green Outhouse Wall.

Belize - Half Moon Caye Wall.

Carrib islands dove:
Curacao (x5)
Little Cayman (x5) (dove Brac from here)
Grand Cayman (x4)
Bonaire (x3)
St. Vincent (x3)
Belize (x2) (dove Lighthouse and Gladden Spit area)
Bequia (also dove some nearby islands from here)
St. Croix
Turks & Caicos (dove West Caicos, Grand Turk, South Caicos, Salt Cay)

Fav 3:
Little Cayman - LCBR
The great diving of course, walls and swimthroughs, and it's such a relaxing place where you can check your brain most of the time.

St. Vincent - Young Island/Dive St Vincent
Diving is somewhat unique for Carribean with interesting critters and site variety and never a crowd. And I love staying at Young Island, diving convienient enough that the whole package is like a real luxury dive resort.

Grand Cayman - split the trip between Cobalt Coast/Divetech and Reef/Ocean Frontiers
The diving North, East & South. Easy to get to and nice to have all the restaurants, shopping, infrastructure sometimes.)

I'd repeat any of these, and have.

Every Year: tough choice for me, as I prefer not to go the same place all the time. I think Little Cayman is all around the one I am least likely to get tired of going to. Not the best in any category, but a pretty good thing all around.

WaterWayne:
This is an impressive list of destinations!
Top 10 Caribbean Dive Spots

Cozumel - Columbia Shallows.

U.S. Virgin Islands - St. Thomas, Cow and Calf Rocks.

Caymans - Bloody Bay Wall, Little Cayman.

Bahamas - Victory Reef, South Bimini.

British Virgin Islands - RMS Rhone.

Puerto Rico - Isla Desecheo.

Bonaire - Salt Pier.

Dominica - Scott's Head Pinnacles.

Honduras - Roatan, Green Outhouse Wall.

Belize - Half Moon Caye Wall.

Wow, I've got 5 out of 10, I've never seen that list.

been to Fl Keys (numerous times), Andros (once), Bonaire (twice), Coz (once). Would pick Bonaire for of these sites. I love the convenience of the shore diving - you can dive on your own schedule and not spend lots of time going back and forth to dive sites. Not much todo on Bonaire other than dive - but that's ok by me. Stayed both times at the Sand Dollar.

Back
Top Bottom