The best macro diving in Phillipines?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shiva

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm planning to spend a week diving in Philippines in March on the way back from Palau. This would be my very first trip to Philippines. I'm absolutely addicted to Lembeh straits so I'd love to hear your opinions as to what is the best macro dicing in Philippines. I've heard and read on this forum good things about Anilao, Puerto Galera, Dimaguete and Panglao. But which one you think is the best? Or may be you could recommend something else? Does anything comes close to Lembeh?
A nice hotel with good food would be a nice bonus. And the nighlife is something I absolutely don't care about.

Shiva, don't set your standards too high. lembeh is considered pretty hard to beat for Muck/ Macro...:popcorn: But Anilao and Dumaguete often get high scores for Macro here. I'm sure someone with more knowledge on this will be around shortly to help out with more suggestions. The PI might not be Lembeh, but it is still great diving and I'm sure you'll love it.

Cheers!:coffee:

I'm planning to spend a week diving in Philippines in March on the way back from Palau. This would be my very first trip to Philippines. I'm absolutely addicted to Lembeh straits so I'd love to hear your opinions as to what is the best macro dicing in Philippines. I've heard and read on this forum good things about Anilao, Puerto Galera, Dimaguete and Panglao. But which one you think is the best? Or may be you could recommend something else? Does anything comes close to Lembeh?
A nice hotel with good food would be a nice bonus. And the nighlife is something I absolutely don't care about.

well lembeh is consistently rated as the best macro dive in the world but i think that all the places you mentioned has something to offer.
try the secret bay in anilao, and arco point in panglao.
dumaguete used to have the best macro in the philippines imho in ducomi pier near dauin but, sadly, they tore it down.
pm me if you need referals to any of these places

I have dove Lembeh, Anilao and Puerto Galera. I definitely preferred the macro of Anilao to PG. Using Lembeh as the best for macro/muck, I would rate Anilao just below it. I didn’t see as many weird critters, but I thoroughly enjoyed my Anilao diving and plan to return. Also, I was very pleasantly pleased by the color and beauty at some of the dive sites. And, as you will probably be flying into Manila (coming from Palau), you can arrange pick-up at the airport and then it’s only about a 2.5 hour drive to Anilao.

Speaking of muck diving.....we found a great dive site that is "nothing-but-muck"!! We discovered rays, nudi's, snails, and lots of critters.

I like looking at pictures, babyD.
well you should go to the fhm website then you ol perv

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom