The best dive job in the world!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubad

Registered
Reaction score
On an island on the Great Barrier Reef Qld
Hi everyone
A fiercely debated topic here on the islands is where is the best dive job in the world? Does it exist and if so can you get me a job there!
So my question is, what's your idea of a dream dive job?
No worries & safe diving, D

I am with trymixdiver, except make it 200k+, more money to burn.
:jester:

Originally posted by trymixdiver
Rooster

good thinking that extra 100k will cover the cost of the Cis lunar rebreather and classes :)

Andy
yeah throw in an equipment expense account.
(gees Cousteau never had it so good):relaxing:

It's simple for me, the best diving job is to work or NOVA or Discovery channel as a underwater photographer, I'm sure you'll get paid alot and have fun at the same time.

panda

I guess you can't call it a job because it doesn't pay one red cent, but last Saturday at various times I had a Nurse Shark in my lap, A Zebra Shark head butting me, a couple 8' 200 pound Sandtiger Sharks swimming by about a foot away and a couple Sandbar Sharks eyeballing me from a couple feet. Mix in three barracuda, a 100-pound Napoleon Wrasse and the various triggers and you have one heck of a “job.”

I one of the divers that maintain the “Depths of the Pacific” exhibit at Ocean Journey in Denver. Which by the way is staying open. Yahoooooo!

Roak

Best dive job = any dive job!
I live and breath for canned air!!!! I'm a diver.
the Deeper the Better.
Tek would be it, not rec - i like adventure1
For me money isn't important, as long as the job supports me.

Scubad - would like to help you with a nice location, truth is I haven't left this island (Grenada) in years, and have only dived here. It is a wonderful spot to dive and work..but forget the 100K :(

I hear Palau is a sweet place :wink:

peace

I always fancied working for National Geographical magazine though a dive mag like Rodale would be a job that's hard to beat. I once thought a writer for Diving mag had a great job, but if it means being a two faced lying rat bag, afraid to tell divers when the stuff advertised is crap, the price is to much. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom