Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveHeart

DiveHeart Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Guess Who's Coming Back to Visit The Christ Statue in Key Largo Florida Aug 13-19? Blind Korean War Veteran & Diveheart Adaptive Diver Gabe Spataro. Over 50yrs Ago Gabe Brought the Statue of Christ From Italy to Chicago and then to the Florida Keys. Cressi donated the Statue but would not fund the trip to the U.S. The Journey of the Christ Statue is Amazing One Month From Today Diveheart, Rainbow Reef, Scubaboard & Challenged Athletes will bring Gabe back for an Incredible Reunion & Celebration of Faith, Hope and Healing. Won't You Join Us?
Gabe's Story of how he brought the most viewed underwater object in the world to the Florida Keys...The Christ Statue in Key Largo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvOVOi9DgjM

Diveheart - Gabe's Story - Cozumel Dec. 2011

YOUTUBE.COM

I'd like to see that statue as well. Unfortunately it's darn hard to get boats to go there. I've been out 5 times now hoping to go see it, and so far 0 captains have decided they would go on the day I was with them despite my requests. Including the op that is right inside pennekamp. I guess I'll have to rent a boat and go myself or something.

I did. several times. They are a good operation for sure, but they didn't want to go to the statue on the days I was with them

I went there with Horizon Divers on July 1st. In fact the 1st dive was to see the Christ of the Abyss, as shown in the 2nd pictures of my July 4th weekend dive trip to Florida Dropbox folder here: Dropbox - FL 2016

I have more appreciation of it after seeing the DiveHeart's - Gave's Story of the statue, posted above. Thanks Gabe for bringing it to John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom