The All Inclusive SCUBA Tattoo Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walter,

You are so right! The good thing is - Lydia has yet to check out this wonderful site, and probably won't. The bad thing is - I already told her I posted the lyrics. You're right - she wasn't very pleased. Her one concern is that she won't be able to escape the teasing at Wreckmania...

I may have to plead with all our Wreckmaniacs not to bring it up!

Happy Diving,

Scuba-sass :)

Not that I'm advocating snap decisions on permanent body art, but I see no reason to wait past the legal age if you know what you want to get, and are sure. I design my own, and don't get them if they aren't personally significant, but I got my first when I was 20 and haven't regretted it for a minute since then.

What I don't recommend is going into a tattoo shop without a clear idea in mind and thumbing through pages of artwork until you see something you like, then immediately getting it. Know what you want first.

Also, be prepared to not be satisfied with the small of your back once you get it. Tats are addictive!

Tats are definitely addictive!

I got my dolphin (go figure!) on my shoulder blade several years ago. Then a couple years later to balance that out I got a small lizard on my ankle (the Arizona influence!).

Still waiting to be inspired for my next one...

Originally posted by MSilvia
What I don't recommend is going into a tattoo shop without a clear idea in mind and thumbing through pages of artwork until you see something you like, then immediately getting it. Know what you want first.

Precicely. I spent quite a long time perusing the artwork until I gathered enough peices from different ones to go about starting my design. I realized early on in my perusing that _anything_ from their catalogs would have been 'settling', and that's the last thing you want to do, is settle on something that will become permanent.

Also, be prepared to not be satisfied with the small of your back once you get it. Tats are addictive!

Extremely addictive. 15 minutes in I would have said I wasn't getting another one. 45 minutes in and that thought was gone. The next weekend I was back in shops perusing for ideas again... Finding a 3 week period without skiing or diving is the one controlling factor I'll have...

I wasn't advocating waiting until age 38. I was advocating waiting until you are sure. Most 18 year olds don't know what they'll like next year, choices that last a lifetime are best not made at 18.

I guess it kind of came out wrong. I didn't really mean as soon as I'm old enough. I will definatley spend time thinking about what I want, and make sure it is something I will want forever. Its just good to know that the option is there. No worries. :)

Kayla :)

:mean:

I have 5 total tattos, 3 are diving related. I have a mermaid, a great white and then one of "BOB the FISH" and he is done like a dive flag... All have special meaning and significance.

Rich :mean:

I am 38 and have been going back and forth...tried buying a convertible but that didn't help (I thought it might be mid-life crisis) I actually had an appointment to start the design process when a friend with many tats (2 full sleeves etc.) talked me out of it. He said that you do not get treated well by Doctors. I can't help but wonder if the fact he is about 300 lbs and 5' 8", with a huge bushy beard and hair down to his butt might have some influence on the doctors.

Anybody have a suggestion as to where I can find a tribal shark design? I want to wrap it around a bicep.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom