The adventure has begun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey man! Welcome on board. Caribbean is all great but dont forget you have some world class wreck diving in your immediate neighborhood.

I will most definitely be doing wreck diving in the Great Lakes in the future. I assume this is mostly dry suit diving? I figured I should get more experience in wetsuit diving before I add another variable. My brother and I plan to do a dive trip around Isle Royale in Lake Superior eventually.

You live in the greatest freshwater diving area in the world. Suggest you try some Great Lakes wreck dives next summer. The wreck diving is just absolutely awesome. It’s all I do unless I hit a quarry. I’m in the Chicago area n

That’s the plan in the future for sure.

Welcome aboard! Next task: get off your knees....neutral buoyancy and horizontal trim is your next goal. Tell your AOW instructor that is your goal. Make him help you.

Neutral buoyancy is certainly a top priority for me. Thanks for the advice.

Sounds great, welcome aboard. You've got a couple of fine upcoming destinations. Where are you staying and who are you diving with in Grand Cayman and Cozumel? You can probably read up on them here if you haven't already.

Richard.

In Grand Cayman I’m staying at the Marriott Resort and diving with Living The Dream Divers.

In Cozumel I’m staying at Hotel Occidental and diving with their shop, ProDive.

Hi Justin and Welcome Aboard!!!

There are so many awesome people here to get so much advice and ideas from. Congrats on getting certified. Diving is so awesome. It's the best thing I've ever done with my life and I used to be a competition aerobatic pilot and I love diving more.

You're gonna love Cozumel! It's really beautiful there and yes, like everyone is saying, work on your buoyancy. If you want to get really good with your buoyancy come here and dive with me in the cold waters of Monterey Bay. Between the amount of neoprene, the tons of lead, and the heavy steel tank if you nail your neutral buoyancy here you'll look like Jacques Cousteau in the Caribbean. :)

Again, welcome to Scuba board and welcome to diving!
~Rebecca

I will most definitely be doing wreck diving in the Great Lakes in the future. I assume this is mostly dry suit diving? I figured I should get more experience in wetsuit diving before I add another variable. My brother and I plan to do a dive trip around Isle Royale in Lake Superior eventually.

You need experience before you head up to Superior. Some people do wetsuits, but more dive dry.

You need experience before you head up to Superior. Some people do wetsuits, but more dive dry.

Yea that’s what I was thinking. I get more wetsuit dives under my belt before moving onto dry suit diving. Then I’ll start doing the Great Lakes.

Hi Justin and Welcome Aboard!!!

There are so many awesome people here to get so much advice and ideas from. Congrats on getting certified. Diving is so awesome. It's the best thing I've ever done with my life and I used to be a competition aerobatic pilot and I love diving more.

You're gonna love Cozumel! It's really beautiful there and yes, like everyone is saying, work on your buoyancy. If you want to get really good with your buoyancy come here and dive with me in the cold waters of Monterey Bay. Between the amount of neoprene, the tons of lead, and the heavy steel tank if you nail your neutral buoyancy here you'll look like Jacques Cousteau in the Caribbean. :)

Again, welcome to Scuba board and welcome to diving!
~Rebecca

Thanks for the advice. Peak buoyancy is a high priority for me right now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom