the 5050

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Was just getting some prints made at my local photo shop and met the Olympus Sale rep for our area. I asked If I need to worry about parts for the 5050 and the housing since it has been taken from the line. He said that it's not that way, that they are just "sold out". From what I understood to make the 1.8 lens was just so costly that they are leaving it at the sold out status and if they can get the lenses cheaper...who knows. To my other question he said I don't have to worry about getting a spare housing just yet.
Just thought it might be of some interest.

Aloha,
Lisa

Very interesting! Thanks for passing it along.

Dee:
Very interesting! Thanks for passing it along.
I had to return a bad housing for my C-5050 and I tried 3 different vendors to try and get me one before I leave to Cozumel on the 8th of May and struck out. Seems like they are hot items. I finnally got Underwater cameras in Kansas to ship me one. I paid about $40.00 more but shipping was free. Now all I am going to need is an instruction manual in the English language for the housing. The housing I'm receiving is a grey market item. Everything in the box is in Japaneese. This should be interesting to try to understand how to hook up the optic cable and the rest of it properly. Hmmmm. Which brings me to my next question; anybody have that manual handy and can send it to me online ? Sure would appreciate it. Thanx ! Good Viz, George.

Scuba-Rican:
Now all I am going to need is an instruction manual in the English language for the housing. The housing I'm receiving is a grey market item. Everything in the box is in Japaneese. This should be interesting to try to understand how to hook up the optic cable and the rest of it properly.
Hi George,
You won't find the instructions for the cable optic with the housing, you'll find it with the instructions for the strobe.

Aloha,
Lisa
For the housing I only have a hard copy....sorry.
(I'd have to look and find it to see how much it is to scan)

Scuba-Rican:
Now all I am going to need is an instruction manual in the English language for the housing.
Assuming you have the Oly pt-015, you can download the manual from the Olympus website. I don't remember the exact procedure to get there, but there's a "download brochures and manuals" page, then you just click through the steps to select the manual for the pt-015.
I did this to be able to print the manual off in 8X11 - the small one that came with my housing was too small to read.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom