"that time"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
please help me. im very new to diving. im leaving for florida thursday to do my checkouts in the springs but i started "that time " today. what can i do to keep the men im diving with from knowing? please help me!

And why should you care if they know? It's a natural part of life for most women. If men can't handle that, they should grow up.

Have fun on your trip and remember to breath.

Lisa:D

Most the time I am diving with men I know and they can tell. I use tampons for obvious reasons. If you trust your life with your dive partners a little thing like "the time of month" shouldn't be a big thing. Happy diving.

Then I guess you don't dive!! I don't know. I have heard that your period will stop when you get in water but I don't know for sure.

Look at it this way, you just told a few thousand what's couple more gonna hurt. Besides they are the ones who need to know. R

ok thanks for the advice. i guess im just paranoid. im only 14 and my instructor knows about it so i guess i shouldnt care. im just sensitive about people knowing even though its nature. im going to be wearing a wetsuit so it shouldnt matter. thanks again.

paradisediver once bubbled...
ok thanks for the advice. i guess im just paranoid. im only 14 and my instructor knows about it so i guess i shouldnt care. im just sensitive about people knowing even though its nature. im going to be wearing a wetsuit so it shouldnt matter. thanks again.

Wait a minute, your profile said November 1979. Right? I didn't realize you were 14. I understand your apprehensiveness.

Just know this. Having your period is a fact of life. Many view it the same with the exception of people your age at which many things like this are devistating or embarrising. Eventually you will get used to the idea and it won't be such a big deal. If your dive master knows, I guess that is good enough for now under the circumstances, provided that it doesn't effect your health in a manner that would effect your buddies. You must always remember that in diving it is not only your safety at stake but those around you and most important of those around you - your buddy.

Dive safe and good luck. PS try not to feel like everyone will make a big deal about it because they won't. :) R

hi paradisediver,

when exactly is your birthday?

maybe that "1979" in your profile includes a typo -- maybe it should read "1989". hmmm. but with a november birthday, that would make you only 13, not 14.

i don't mean any disrespect to you or your problem but there's been a LOT (yawn) of discussion about menstruation lately in the women only forum. and yours is the kind of question an immature troll might post, thinking it was funny. (i know, really stupid thinking, huh?)

oh -- you've just joined scuba board, haven't you? been here less than a week, right? this is only the second thread in which you've posted? that fits a troll's profile, alright.

well, good luck on your trip this weekend. if you do dive, let us know how things went. and above all, be safe and have fun!

cheers,

dm

paradisediver, if you and your question are legitimate, my apologies for suggesting otherwise. i simply want to point out that there are a few silly people on the board who might think a post such as yours would be a funny joke. although i can't imagine why.....dm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom