That line across the picture

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Timeliner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have been taking pics for some time now using 35mm cameras.
I've been able to get pretty nice pics using different sorts of SLR cameras from cheep throw aways to my Sea Life & strobe.

When I get the film developed the prints seem OK but the The CD always seems to have these horizontal lines that look like scratches going across the pictures.
I can usually fix it with Photo Shop but thats a pain and I shouldn't have to do that.

Yea yea I know don't take it to Walmart or CVS. The thing is this never happens on any pics I take on land just my underwater shots. Different cameras~ different developers ~ same result

Any Clues ?

Timeliner:
I have been taking pics for some time now using 35mm cameras.
I've been able to get pretty nice pics using different sorts of SLR cameras from cheep throw aways to my Sea Life & strobe.

When I get the film developed the prints seem OK but the The CD always seems to have these horizontal lines that look like scratches going across the pictures.
I can usually fix it with Photo Shop but thats a pain and I shouldn't have to do that.

Yea yea I know don't take it to Walmart or CVS. The thing is this never happens on any pics I take on land just my underwater shots. Different cameras~ different developers ~ same result

Any Clues ?
That happens to me sometimes too. I get them to rescan the negatives and the lines magically dissapear or reappear somewhere else. From this I'm guessing it's a scanner problem.

Excellent thought ! It does seem to be a digital issue and not a problem with the prints.
I never get prints anymore though I just get a disc so it's been a on going problem.
Next time I'll try and explain the trouble up front and see if I get a better result.

OBTW ... Nice pics on the Victoria Diving website !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom