Thanksgiving - What We're Thankful For

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman

Advisor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
What are you thankful for? Here are just three from me:

My Grandchildren

25 years of fantastic marriage

A loving God

Hey Rick, great thread!
I'm thankful for healthy well adjusted kids. I have a boy and a girl. Both are wonderful kids. I'm thankful that we've never had a famine in this country. Thankful God gave me a sharp mind and great health. (don't ask my friends about my mind, however)
We are very lucky to live in America, and I thank God I was born here.

I am thankful that this is the last term for Bush!

I was going to say that what I'm most thankful for right now is a topic I can't raise on ScubaBoard because of its political nature (but I see two others have already done so).

I am thankful for:

1. my son who grew up into a great human being with very little help from me

2. those members of my family I'm still speaking to (3/4ths of the total)

3. my dive buddies who are also among my best friends (if only they'd offer "benefits" too)

4. the ability to walk to a great dive site almost any day I want to

5. the health to enjoy such "extreme" sports as diving

6. the fact that I have never gone hungry (despite my attempts to diet)

7. the fact that my computer prints out some of the most convincing counterfeit bills I've ever seen (if there are any treasury agents on this board, I only print money for the foreign countries I visit... never any US currency)

8. that my mind is still reasonably clear (given its manufacturing date) and retains a sense of humor

To get to spend my up coming weekend with the two finest children a parent can have.
That the future for my children looks wonderful.

That those that I love are in good health.

To spend my Thanksgiving with close friends and to have had numerous offers from other friends to join them.

That despite some of the hardships that I've had to face the scale has always tipped in my direction.

Gosh!!!
I don't know where to begin . . . or where I'll end.

the K

I have a few moments, before I start cooking here... I am thankful for...

1) my wife Michelle (4 1/2 years married - 10 years together)

2) Our businesses... 2 in Colorado - 1 in Florida (love the fact that we can ski and dive in the same week - frequently)

3) All of the new friends I've made from SB. So far, we've met a few Conchers, and everyone is GREAT! Thanks SB for helping us find great dive buddies and friends! I also like the chance to wax philosphically and spew my thoughts for all to read, criticize, and debate about. It's tough for a philosopher who has a wife who doesn't like to argue philosophically... SB is a great place for that too.

There's more that I am thankful for, but really... let's not get into all of that.

I hope that everyone (who celebrates Thanksgiving) has a great day... I hope the Bronco's win today too.

Happy Thanksgiving from me and Michelle to all of our SB buddies!

the freedom to spend this day as I choose...
that I have food to eat(and that it is NOT turkey) and electricity, heat and clean running water(not everybody in the world has these things)...
that I will be finished with grad school relatively soon!...
that it only snowed a little and I don't have to go shovel...:wink:
my dive buddies, even though we can't get in the water today :wink: :wink:

I'm thanksful for the woman in my life, Marilyn, who allows me to be me and loves me for it.
I'm thankful for the great family I was blessed into - I was raised in countries all over the world, seeing places few get to go, and grew into a responsible adult (prone to moments of irresponsibility)
I'm thankful for the great people I work with, both at the Hospital and Dive Shop.
I'm thankful for my dive buddies, and the trips and travels we have enjoyed together.
I'm thankful for the wisdom of Jimmy Buffet, who has taught me I can be a responsible adult and still enjoy my moments of irresponsiblity:D
C-Dawg

Back
Top Bottom