Thanksgiving dinner (+-1 or 2 days)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubabum2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just wanted to gauge the level of interest for a dinner at Tony Romes on Thanksgiving, Nov 22. I also need to mention firechuk & Meg who originally mentioned Tonys on Thanksgiving.

When we were in Coz last July, we attended a SB get together at Tony's and it was a blast. The atmosphere, service and food were great. I have no idea how they managed to cater to a party of about 30, but they pulled it off and made it look easy. Tony is a wonderful host.

I have contacted Tony to see what availability he has. I'll post again as soon as I get a response.

Thanks, Mark

Hey Mark,
My wife and I were going to be there, and would love to join you. We were going to make a point to go to our favorite taco place, but meeting up with some scuba-boarders sounds fun too.
Let me know the details, and if I can help with anything.
Tim

Hi Mark!
Thanks for the mention! We've talked with Tony and it looks like it will be Tuesday, Nov. 20. Start time, I would guess, is going to be around 6 or so. Meg usually does most of the scheduling. Wouldn't a social hour at Tony's be great!? Time and room to mingle, trade names, cards, stories, and lies. I'll make sure Meg checks this out and we'll let you guys know. Anyone who is interested in going, please contact Tony so he knows how many to plan for.

And remember - don't let anyone tell you Tony's is not there...IT IS!!! Across from the French Quarter.

Time's getting short - 19 days and counting!! See you guys there!

We'll be there. Count us in for Two. This is on Tuesday, not thursday right?
See ya then.
Tim and Lisa

Hi ucrtwf,

The plan is for Tuesday night, Nov. 20. Meg has asked that anyone interested let Tony know, somehow. She and I are running the trip for our group, and she feels like it would be less confusion all around if folks could let Tony know a few days ahead, rather than including a middle man (us). This should be a great evening! See you guys there!

Chuck and Meg

Hi Tim and Lisa!

We'd LOVE for you to join us. Our group is big fun and the more the merrier!
The street in front of his restaurant is still torn up (water lines?), but Tony is open for business and we look forward to your company!
Just email Tony to let him know that you will be joining us on 11/20 (tonyrome@prodigy.net.mx). He'll probably ask for a confirmation call a day or so before hand from all of us so he has enough food.
And for folks who won't be there on 11/20 but want a special meal, definitely contact Tony! He's the American Embassador on the island (unofficially, of course) and once you walk through his doors, you have a friend on that island for good. He's a great guy and the food is terrific.
Hope to see everyone on November 20th!

Meg :)

Hi Mark!

I sure hope we won't miss you. We'll fly out on 11/22 (the REAL Thanksgiving day), so we are celebrating on 11/20.
I'm sure that Tony will cook Turkey on as many days as are requested, but we sure hope we don't miss out on meeting you.

Meg and Chuck :)

I just wanted to gauge the level of interest for a dinner at Tony Romes on Thanksgiving, Nov 22. I also need to mention firechuk & Meg who originally mentioned Tonys on Thanksgiving.

When we were in Coz last July, we attended a SB get together at Tony's and it was a blast. The atmosphere, service and food were great. I have no idea how they managed to cater to a party of about 30, but they pulled it off and made it look easy. Tony is a wonderful host.

I have contacted Tony to see what availability he has. I'll post again as soon as I get a response.

Thanks, Mark

.....I'm sure that Tony will cook Turkey on as many days as are requested, but we sure hope we don't miss out on meeting you.

Meg and Chuck :)

So turkey and the usual Thanksgiving trimings are on the menue that day? Along with good company of course!:wink:

That sounds great, I'll send Tony an email to give him a heads up.
See you then!
Tim and Lisa

Meg and Chuk,
Thanks so much for arranging this one on Nov 20. Tuesday is perfect and I'll let Tony know to put two more down for the head count. We can't wait to meet all of you, Tim & Lisa too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom