Thanks to you who care...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sam Miller III

Scuba Legend
Scuba Legend
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
CALIFORNIA: Where recreational diving began!
# of dives
5000 - ∞
To: divndocs

Subject: re: Thank You All
Date: Aug 30, 2011 8:38 PM
THANKS TO THE EFFORTS OF ART ULLRICH AND SAM MILLER I have been deluged with Happy Birthday e-mails.

Several of you asked questions in regards to my background so I'll attempt a quick Bio.

Born in Los Angeles, CA. Aug. 27th, 1921
Started working in Hollywood Picture Business while still in High School.
Got hooked on Scuba while working on TV Series Sea Hunt.

Became certified NAUI Instructor at course in May 1962 held at Jonathan Athletic Club, Santa Monica, CA. Course was directed by Al Tilman and Garry Howland. My certification number is #207, between Larry Cushman and Dewey Bergman.
Moved to Hawaii in 1965. Formed Damron Divers School and established the NAUI Hawaii Branch serving as Branch Manager. Served on NAUI Board of Director 1972-1980, Board of Advisors and as Instructor Course Director.. Received NAUI Meritorious Service, Outstanding Contribution, and Hall of Honor.

Thank you again for taking the time to remember my birthday.

We are indeed members of a wonderful organization whose slogans include "NAUI CARES" and "Safety Through Education".

Roy Damron, NAUI #207

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom