Thanks to DAN for great opportunity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

down4fun

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just returned from Innerspace, a rebreather event at Divetech in Grand Cayman. DAN had multiple team members there conducting a field study and gathering data for ongoing research. I was lucky enough to participate in the study which consisted of multiple days of diving in the 200-330+ foot range. We were scanned via TTE every 20 minutes for two hours post dive, every dive. They were scanning for bubbles which were graded from 0-7. The first two days I was having 3's and 4's after my deep dives. Based on the scans from my first two days of diving I made some changes to my decompression computer by changing the gradient factors which gave me longer shallow stops this significantly reduced the amount of bubbles found post dive in the subsequent dives to mostly 0's and 1's, with one 2.

So, I just wanted to take a moment and thank the team that was there for there time and dedication. We all benefit from there work. But I personally found my involvement in the study to be a priceless glimpse into what is happening real time with my body during deep dives. So thank you :D

Back
Top Bottom