Thanks to all who helped me! Bonaire pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

okiediver1

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just a note to say THANK YOU for everyones help in all my settings, etc for my strobe and camera. I learned alot in my week at Bonaire (which now has one huge fan). I took over 600 photos of which maybe 150 were OK. I kept forgetting to change the strobe to TTL when I changed the camera to a my mode TTL setting. I really liked the TTL alot and it worked GREAT for those things close up. I also would get so excited I would forget not to use the WAL on a macro shot and get this huge shadow. Worse of all, I forgot to check the pic on the screen to make sure the shot looked right! BAD! Oh well, it was a learning experience, and I feel that my wide angle shots are some of the best. We loved Bonaire so much and the vis so soooooo good.

22501622.jpg

My photo album:
http://www.pbase.com/okiediver/bonaire_2003

Meredith, some very nice pics you have there! I love the 'File Fish, I think' - so pretty and good exposure.

Glad to know the TTL sensor worked well for you...

Nice pics! I am going to Bonaire in about 2 weeks! already have my Olympus C-5050, and waiting for my Terta5050 housing with Y-90 strobe! hopefull I'l get that in time, if not, then I'll be pissed. I've been told that Light & Motions fills (at the DEMA show, where I bought it) about 1/10th of all their orders throughout the year, and may be a bit slow to catch up on all those orders. I am keepig my fingers crossed.

C-5050 quality looks good!

I think my Ike arms are too stiff for me though...they were difficult to adjust under water. Are the UCLS arms easier, you think?

Thanks for cmments on the photos, I was wondering if that was a file fish. If you can tell me what any of that other stuff that isnt labeled is, let me know!

I LOVE my c5050--the picture detail is incredible when shot correctly--in the parrot photo you can even see its eyelashes!

Great photo...Looks like you got the hang of it! I have a question for you.

Are you shooting in Manual made? If so, did you find it hard when you had to push both the flash and +/- buttons and use the jog dial at the same time to change the aperture? That's the one thing that's hard for me.

Dee, I used Peter's settings that he has on his site. I switched back and forth from TTL settings and Manual shooting. I honestly couldn't tell you what is what! For every good shot I got, there must have been 10 that werent.

The jog dial was difficult at first. I quickly learned that it was easier to hold the housing in my right hand, my index or forefinger on the button, (I will be adding a strap next year, I think it will be easier) and turning the dial with my left thumb and forefinger. I used this to change between my modes.

I never changed any aperature as Im scared to death of that! I did manage to change the shutter speed a couple of times just playing around. I never messed with the +/- stuff although now I wonder why I didnt. It might have given me better shots against the white sand. None of my white sand pics came out and I must have shot 100 garden eels! I really wanted one of those!

This housing takes some getting used to but I managed!

"This housing takes some getting used to but I managed!"

You can say that again! I've had mine in the water 6-7 times and I can't decide if it's getting easier or not! I'm used to shotting in manual mode so I haven't really used the My Modes thing yet. They only serve as shortcuts so I'll still have to use those buttons to fine tune things.

I have a new Fisheye tray to re-adjust so I'll try that. I wish our local lake would clear up but I don't think it's going to before winter. Maybe I'll just take it to the pool to work things out.

Great photos okiediver1.
Nothing like taking 600+ photos and keeping 150 like you said in your post. That "delete" button sure saves a lot of $$$$$$ versus film processing.
:shades:

Dee once bubbled...

Are you shooting in Manual made? If so, did you find it hard when you had to push both the flash and +/- buttons and use the jog dial at the same time to change the aperture? That's the one thing that's hard for me.

I too dislike using the +/- button in order to change the aperture when shooting in Manual mode. Here's a "work around" I came up with that helps get around using the +/- button for that purpose.

When I'm in Manual mode and want to change the aperture setting, I simply switch the setting to "A" mode. In "A" mode the aperture setting can be changed simply with the jog dial; no buttons to push. Once I've changed the aperture setting in "A" mode, I quickly switch back to "M" mode. The new aperture setting then appears as the aperture setting in "M" mode.

I probably didn't explain it very well, but if you can follow the above, give it a try. I shoot almost exclusively in Manual mode and use this method all the time in order to change the aperture setting. Once you get the hang of it, it can be done very quickly, and no buttons to push. :D
Cheers.
RW

I understand exactly what you're talking about. I can easy do that!

Wow....that's so easy. Thanks, RW!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom