Thanks, Now here are my some pictures, Mexico (Jun 16th)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have not gone diving at Cozumel, but Playa is very nice. I am actually in Playa right now, heading back to the states tomorrow.

If you are looking for a dive shop, Playa Scuba is great. It's at 15th and Calle 4, three or four blocks in from the beach. Klaus and Louis, the guys you will meet there, keep a friendly vibe around the store, and are much more amiable than the other dive shops I looked at. After a dive or two, you're among friends.

Around here, you will definitely see some turtles, along with stingrays and barracudas. The dives I have done here have been pretty mellow, but very interesting.

Also, If you are coming to Playa, the Cenotes are a must-dive. They are beautiful underwater caverns that aren't found anywhere other than on the Yucatan, and it is an amazing experience to dive in one.

my internet connection here is pretty bad, so I can't upload pictures, but check out Youtube and type in playascuba or playa merman... company's videos will come up... there is cenote footage on there as well as some reef dives.

hope you have a good stay in playa

How was the reef diving in the Playa del Carmen area? I am going there in 2 weeks. I was planning on diving in Cozumel. I've been to Cozumel couple of times before and enjoyed it. I'm trying to find out if the reef diving in Playa is good, or maybe I should ride the ferry over to Cozumel and dive.

Anyone dove at both Cozumel and Playa del Carmen that could compare the sites? I have logged 48 dives in the Caribbean and Hawaii.

Hey Greg,

I'm going in two weeks too! We're down there from July 4th - July 12th.

I've dove both and can tell you that Cozumel has much more reef while Playa seems to have more fish and tons of turtles. It really depends on what you are looking for. I like to dive both places. This is my third time in Playa. Going to try and do Coz in November.
If you have any other questions I'd be glad to try and help answer them.

Clint

I hope to dive cozumel soon, probably during the winter when the bull sharks come

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom