Thanks Justleesa and Turtleguy!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boat Chick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We just got back from a week in Oahu and I have to give a HUGE thanks to Lisa and Roger (http://www.oahuscubadivers.com/). We dove 2 days with them. They picked us up at the hotel both days which made it easy. We went to the Corsair and then did a drift dive on 4/10 (saw 3 turtles!) and lots of other great stuff. We dove the Sea Tiger and Kaiser Reef on 4/11 (saw eels, spotted eagle rays, octopus, 2 baby leaf scorpion fish, a baby frog fish) just to mention a few! They are both excellent in pointing out all the creatures in their usual hiding places and one's we would have missed for sure. They are wonderful folks, and were a true pleasure to dive with. Lisa does those "little" things that make the experience even more enjoyable, memorable and easy. She had our paperwork filled out for us the second day (based on the info we gave her the first day) so all we had to do was sign on the dotted line. She provides personalized log sheets with the dive sites and history (corsair and sea tiger) and has stamps of the creatures you saw to put on them. They also provided us with a great lunch with drinks both days after the dives (Lisa makes great sandwiches and crab wraps!) while we chatted about the dives and got to know each other a little better. I would highly recommend them for your Oahu dives. Lisa, Michael wants to know how you got that pineapple so sweet! We talked about it every time we passed a pineapple stand on the road.

We also bought one of Lisa's framed prints and several of her ready to frame prints. Lisa, you REALLY need to sell those in shops and stores, they are really really good.

We spent the rest of the week on the North Shore. Did some snorkeling at Sharks Cove and vis wasn't great, but we saw lots of great stuff. 2 LARGE parrotfish (3 feet), free swimming green moray eel, and a lot of schooling fish.

I took my new camera on the second day (first day I took the housing on a "dry/wet" run). Oly sp-350. Still getting used to the camera but I am very happy with it especially as it is much better than my old POC! Now if I can figure out how to post pics I will!:D

yes, you picked good people! ...and the rain had gone.....I'd go with them for the food alone! Glad to have another photog to join our ranks.

Catherine I want dive with them too...:D

catherine96821:
yes, you picked good people! ...and the rain had gone.....I'd go with them for the food alone! Glad to have another photog to join our ranks.

They do the 'extra' things that are special. We were glad the rain was gone and the conditions were good. Vis at Corsair was around 100 feet. Sea Tiger was around 80. When we were anchored at Sea Tiger, the cap asked Roger where we should go for the second dive and mentioned Turtle Canyon...Roger mentioned that the "silt"...aka...ali wai mishap sewage spill was a few inches thick...ICK! So glad we went to Kaiser. That's where Roger found the baby frog fish and 2 baby leaf scorpion fish:)

I am still getting used to my new camera so hopefully the pics will improve once I get the hang of all the buttons!

The next time I get to Hawaii, I'm diving with Lisa and Roger. I had some great dives on the big island, and I got to meet Lisa for breakfast one day. I met Gilligan (aka Jim) on Maui as well. I also need to go diving with Jim.

Thank you Cynde & Michael! We had a great time with you too :D We are so lucky that we get to meet so many really nice people and hope that we get to see them again someday. Many lasting friendships have developed thru diving.

As for the Pineapple :wink: I think it starts when I buy. I don't take the ones with too much green, give them a slight squeeze and take a good smell. The better the smell, the sweeter the pineapple. I also let them stand a couple of days before I "carve" them.

Thank you also for the kind words on my cooking skills and photography :blush:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom