Thanks Giving Dip & Diving in GA/FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pelagic

Reaction score
Hello,

Brand new to the area, living near Savannah, and to the scubaboard looking for local diving opportunities and specifically hoping that someone will be able to help me finding some diving over the Thanks Giving Weekend in GA and/or FL.

Willing to travel, the better the diving the further I am willing to go! Have broad range of experience and training so should not handicap anybody's plans if invited. Willing to consider cave diving if offered, as holding NACD Intro to Cave Cert, but have not caved for 12 months so will need to take it easy, at first.

I look forward to hearing from you'll and maybe doing some diving.

Looking for atleast a dive in Gulf Shores AL this upcoming weekend(Thanksgiving weekend), just a shore dive to a local shipwreck which might be covered by sand thanks to Ivan...

I wouldn't be totally opposed to going to Morrison Springs...

SuPrBuGmAn:
Looking for atleast a dive in Gulf Shores AL this upcoming weekend(Thanksgiving weekend), just a shore dive to a local shipwreck which might be covered by sand thanks to Ivan...

I wouldn't be totally opposed to going to Morrison Springs...

Thanks for the offer, I appreciate it.

However, probably a bit far for me this weekend as I will be driving on my own and from the map Morrison Springs looks to be about an 8 hr drive (if not more). I think I would need to do a couple of days diving to make it worth it. Are there other sites nearby or is there enough at Morrison Springs to hold my interest for a couple of days?

Don't wish to come all that way for just 1 or 2 dives particularly when I can reach the springs around Gainsville in half the time.

Vortex Springs is just up the road from Vortex(about 10miles). There are several springs near Marianna and Tallahasse, most have to be reached by boat though...

I'd go to Gainsville if its half the trip, they have tons of great springs that are much easier to access.

Yep,

Going to do that, managed to hook up with a diver in Jacksonville so that should work.

Still, would like to dive the Gulf Coast at sometime in the future, when I have more time to make the trip.

Maybe we can hook up then?

Simon.

Absolutely, we're diving nearly every weekend and the majority of it is in the panhandle.

Heya Simon, Welcome to ScubaBoard.

I am diving with SuprBugMan this Saturday at gulf shores so I can't join you in Jacksonville but in the future I would be game to do some diving. Hit me up next time your looking to do some diving and maybe we could arrange something. I am almost always ready to do some close to home diving (SC/GA coast/North Florida/Panhandle).

Matt

Corigan:
Heya Simon, Welcome to ScubaBoard.

I am diving with SuprBugMan this Saturday at gulf shores so I can't join you in Jacksonville but in the future I would be game to do some diving. Hit me up next time your looking to do some diving and maybe we could arrange something. I am almost always ready to do some close to home diving (SC/GA coast/North Florida/Panhandle).

Matt

That sounds good. How are you fixed through Dec? Currently I am looking clear for all 3 weekends before Xmas. The weekend of 11/12 might have to one day only as I have engagement on the Sat Night, but for the others have the whole weekend.

I have tried a charter near Savannah the other week which I enjoyed happy to try that again if the boat is going out.

Hopefully going to Ginnie and Devils Den this weekend with JeanDiver.

Anyway, drop me a reply or a PM and we can talk some dates and make a plan!

Simon.

Pelagic:
That sounds good. How are you fixed through Dec? Currently I am looking clear for all 3 weekends before Xmas. The weekend of 11/12 might have to one day only as I have engagement on the Sat Night, but for the others have the whole weekend.

Sounds good Simon. I am pretty well booked up at the moment. I am going to gulf shores tommarrow to dive with SuprBugMan and then am heading to New Orleans to get on a boat to go to cozumel, belize, and roatan for some diving. When I come back on Dec. 5th, the next weekend (10th-12th) I am going to Crystal River to snorkel with the manatees and finish up my AOW class. The day after I get back from that I am getting my wisdom teeth removed. I am not sure how long this is going to put me out of commission :(. Hopefully for just a short period of time so I can get back to diving. My Girlfriend and I have always wanted to come out to savannah, so maybe we could arrange a charter then. Also There is a trip scheduled down to Ginnie springs/devils den on the North Carolina Wreck Divers forum for Februrary that I am scheduled up for. I'm sure if you wanted to you could go over to that thread and tack on and come diving with us all. Looking forward to diving with you soon Simon, Take care and happy T-Day.

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom