Thanks for fixing the forum!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So when the move is complete can we go back to more than five images per post?
I thought it was four! I'll discuss that with @Miyaru. It's a matter of how the DB addresses those files.

I recall i twas 5 pics and hopefully people keep the file sizes small for examples of whatever is being discussed in a post .

I messaged a friend a minute ago and could only attach one photo :(

Especially in travel, trip or UW photo forums one pic is kinda' limiting.

Not saying people should share whole albums but 5-10 per post would be nice.

I only recently (a few months) starting sharing insights into compact cameras, iPhone shooting plus other gear and to get a point across sometimes it simply takes 2-3-5-???? photos to illustrate the point or technique.

Just one old guy's thoughts :)

DH

IMG_5058.jpeg

I messaged a friend a minute ago and could only attach one photo :(
Until we finished moving from this server, it will be that limited. Wait a couple of days and we'll be back to normal. Well, SB Normal. :D :D :D

Just to put things in perspective: our database is 23 years long. We're older than facebook! Every time we migrate, update, or change platforms, we get a lot of things that don't work anymore, and they clog up the system. We do our best to clean all that up, but it takes time and patience.

Make no mistake: We love the pics! We want the pics! We're doubling our file space to allow more pics. But dividing them, and your explanations over more posts is a good thing. Many people have TLDR syndrome, so a few short posts are better than an epic tome.

I am surprised you aren't large enough to switch to a SAN. You can only shove so many disks into a single box.

Where do I go to contribute to scubaboard? I was trying to find in the other thread about this but i can’t seem to find it.

I am surprised you aren't large enough to switch to a SAN. You can only shove so many disks into a single box.
Obviously you're not posting enough pics and links to your TikTok or YouTube vids!
Where do I go to contribute to scubaboard? I was trying to find in the other thread about this but i can’t seem to find it.
Thanks for asking: Click this pic!

1695312314093.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom