Thank You

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anton

Reaction score
Florida Conch Divers,
I wanted to post a note to thank all of you that replied both on and off board to my request for info back in early July. Our 2 weeks retreat home, (well, not California but Florida which is close enough for someone living in the Middle East) went very well. We took all your advice and decided to base out of Florida City and dive around Key Largo since my wife does not dive. She did the Pennecamp boat rides, did some sightseeing, and had a great time. I got in a couple of dives with Bluewater Divers and had a great time. We had great viz, the briefings were spot-on, and I even got to see some sharks and turtles to boot! (I will return to them!)

Special thanks to GrierHPharmD and KeyLargoBrent who both provided me a continuous stream of information up until we flew! Without their help and advice we would have been travelling much more than needed and have wasted a lot of time.

One thing I was really amazed with was the way all the dive ops and shops get along... I dove with one opn who sent me to another to get some special gear I was looking for (and couldn't find in the middle east). That operation in turn sent me to two others for some padi materials I wanted (I was on a limited time schedule)... by lunch time I had everything I needed and the wife wasn't even upset for dragging her around since it took less time than I normally need :) We then were able to eat as much pork as humanly possible and relax (you never realize how good bacon and pulled pork sandwiches are until you cannot eat them for a year since they are illegal !!!!!!

We will be coming back and hopefully I can get in some more Flroida diving soon!

Thanks again
Anton and Maggie

Hi Anton,

Glad to hear that you had a good visit and some impressive dives.

Best wishes for a safe trip home. I hope to cross paths with you and Maggie on your next trip down here. Maybe we can set something up so that you can dive with a few of us locals.

Take care,
Grier

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom