thank you for sharing oyur experiences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rookie_J

Reaction score
as a newly certified diver, i wanted to thank you all for sharing your experiences. reading the stories i put myself into the situations and think "what would i do".

During my open water dive i learned the hard way, how important it is to continuously monitor the guage..

mezmarized by the beauty of the caribbean, the reefs, the marine life, it was a dream come true, i was in heaven. totally forgetting what i was supposed to be doing, i put myself in an OOA situation. Luckily my instructor was only a few feet away. i did'nt panic, i calmly swam up to him, signal'd OOA and took his octo... lesson learned...

You are not alone. I did my first OOA on a deep wreck dive to 100ft. I was probably a bit narced, did't notice, spent too long taking photos, and all of a sudden the the guage indicated I was going to have a problem. My buddy and I ascended and I ended up on the Octo at the safety stop. Won't do that again.... or my buddy (and better half) may kill me.

Back
Top Bottom