Thailand videos, pictures + video screen grabs from Nov 2005 Colona VI trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

miket

Reaction score
Similan Island diving rocks!

My buddy and I had a fantastic time aboard the Colona VI liveaboard in early November (2005). The best diving I have done so far. Water was warm, corals and reefs were healthy, and the boat was great.

The food on the Colona VI was awesome. I highly recommend this boat for the price. The guide, Mark, made the trip really fun. Our boat always seemed to be first to the sites, with the exception of Koh Bon we pretty much never ran into another diver group. Our trip only had 10 (out of 14 max) customers.

Over 6 days we did 22 dives. We dove at Similan #3, Similan #5, Similan #6, Similan #7, Similan #8, Similan #9, Koh Bon, Ko Tachai, and Richelieu Rock. We did 5 dives at Richelieu due to the extremely calm seas, we did a really cool night dive there!

The only thing that would have made it better would have been seeing some bigger animals (whale sharks, mantas, other reef sharks). But we knew it really wasn't the season to see them. One diver in the group saw a fleeing manta and got a second of video, but that was it.

Here is a video from the dive site "East of Eden":
This was the first dive of the trip, we also did it again as the last dive, it's a beautiful spot. It is a 20mb AVI(WMV) file.

Here is a video of Clownfish from the different dive sites:
It is a 7mb AVI(WMV) file.

Here are some still pictures when on the liveaboard:

Here are some screen grabs from my video camera:
I shot 5 hours of footage :)

There are some galleries from Bangkok (we were there three days) and Patong Beach, Phuket (we were there three days also) in the "logs" section of my website (link below). Enjoy!

- MikeT

i like them, cool pictures

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom