Thailand trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alexwe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I will be touring Vietnam and Cambodia for two weeks before ending our trip in Bangkok. We would like to do some diving for 4-5 days in Thailand before returning home. Any suggestions for either high end resorts or liveaboards? We each have done about 150 dives.

My husband & I went to Thailand last July. We stayed at the Renaissance Koh Samui on Koh Samui island, Thailand. Although we didn't get to scuba dive while down there, we just got certified this past March, some of the best dive sites are found off the small island of Ko Tao - visibility up to 35m. In the Rough Guide to Thailand, they name a luxury live-aboard with Coral Grand Divers Phuket dive, Phuket Liveaboard diving, Samui PADI IDC courses by Queen Scuba. and the Koh Tao Coral Grand Resort. Hope this helps! You'll love Thailand. It was by far one of my most memorable vacations.

What time of year are you talking about? Most liveaboard runs in the Andaman Sea, from November till April, to the Similans, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai and Richelieu Rock.

Outside of this period: IMO the best diving you will still find in the Andaman Sea, but normally the weather will be better in the Gulf of Thailand. In both areas there are liveaboard options year round.

I would check out the national park west of koh tao, you can go with Blue Marlin (Koh Tao based) they offer trips over there, allthough I am not sure if it can be classified as "high end"....

if you have 150 dives I'm afraid some of the dive sites in Koh Tao will be a bit boring for you, especially if you have dived Thailand before.. and most accomodation in Tao is not "high end" allthough you might find some places catering to peole who thinks this is important. Maybee you should go to Koh Samui? its kinf of a "resorty island" and they do daytrips to Koh Tao, Sail Rock and around..

Don't know about your schedule but if you are looking for a top flight live-aboard the Philkade is one of the best. If you want to splurge get the Aquamarine Cabin. Trip reports, galleries and slide shows at our site.

We will be ending our tour in Bangkok on 1/26/09 and then plan on spending another 4-5 days enjoying coastal Thailand and doing some diving.

4 - 5 days is just about long enough for a liveaboard if you can find a good one departing on the 26th or 27th January .. Queen Scuba has a trip 27th - 31st. Get the Master cabin if you can.

Back
Top Bottom