thailand, still can't decide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

10tigers

Reaction score
I still can;t decide where i want to dive for vacation. I already went to Koh Tao way back when, so I want to stick with the Andaman side.

I can;t do liveaboard cause my lady doesn;t dive. (not to much fun for her)

Anyways, any recommendations for a nice land based diving adventure?

I'm leaning towards Krabi area and maybe Ko Lanta. I'm scared of phuket due to big hotels and package tourists.

All I need is a nice bungalow, ceiling fan, and bug net. Oh yeah, and beer.

2 weeks just isn;t enough for Thailand. I'll take it though. I need some serious R&R.
There is so much to do above land that I'm trying to get it all and find the "perfect" spot.
Decisions

Maybe you can help me if you know Thailand. I live in Vietnam but I am looking for a place in Thailand or nearbye for a family away from Package tourists too. My kids are 10 and 12 but only have done bubble dive first they need instruction Can you suggest a place.

Hi I am on Koh Phi Phi instructing
I am sure if you want to dive but you have a partner who doesn't that phi phi will be the best place if you come to Thailand.
You can do two great dives starting about 7.30 am and be back by 1.30 pm to spend the afternoon with your partner, no long minibus pick up or interminable boat ride to site .
The dive oprators from the main land come out here too but have to make a 2 hour trip both ways.
The reason there are so many dive operators on phi phi is simply the islands close proximity to such great diving 25 minutes .
The shop i work for is Phi Phi Scuba Diving Center: Welcome have a look
John

Why not try Koh Chang?

The island itself is great place where to spend time, but what i have heard the diving waters are not even close to what there is in south.

Funny i also have done some diving at Koh Tao. Loved it! almost ended up staying :)

I've heard very good things about the Krabi area. I had some friends who qualified on Koh Tao and then went to Krabi afterwards and told me not to even both with Koh Tao..... their choice.

I know what you mean about Phuket. I was there for a week last year of my month in Thailand. Not my personal favourite place but there are some amazing islands around Phuket. Phi Phi is one of them, not that i can speak from personal experience. I only went to Koh Racha/Bounty Island which was amazing too.

One option a friend of mine recommended was kapalai island, Sipadan in Malaysia.
sipadan-kapalai.com

Guys,

You need a reality check, this thread is over 3 years old. Johnscubadiver, were you bored out of your mind that you dug up this thread?

The OP and even George with his one post since Nov 05 probably have made it by now to Thailand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom