Thailand, right now, absolutely fantastic!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaeric

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This is my first trip to Thailand.

I'm loving Thailand, the people, the food, and of course the diving!

Just finished up a short trip (1/12/2007 - 1/14/2007) on the Colona. The staff was friendly, attentive, and "mama" cooked up some great Thai food. I would go with Colona again, but would leave the bags I didn't need, on land. We arrived in Thailand and went straight to the boat with 5 big bags. Made things a bit cramped for us.

We dove Hin Daeng, Hin Muang, Ko Hah, Koh Bida Nok, Shark Point, and Koh Doc Mai.

A few highlights for me:
The chimney and swim throughs at Ko Hah. The reef and abundance of sea life on Koh Bida Nok. Seeing 5 Leopard sharks on a single dive at Shark Point!

The colors, and amount of sea life are amazing! A full 3mm wetsuit has been sufficient for me. I do get a bit chilled by the end of each dive, but it's not that bad.

Tuesday we get on the Ocean Rover for a dive trip through the Similans and into Burma. I'll post pics when I can.

Here's a few pics. Enjoy! Oh, and get to Thailand it's fantastic.

reef.jpg

clown.jpg

leopard.jpg

Hi Alison,

Thanks. The first pic is my fav too. Counting down the hours until we get on the next boat. It's been fun hanging out in Karon the past 2 days but I'm ready to get back in the water!

Eric

I dove Koh Hah and Koh Bida last month, and your pictures are exactly as I remeber it - fantastic ! thanks for posting those !

Scubaeric: Were Mark and Raoul the DMs on the Colona? I was on Colona a year ago (fantastic trip) with those guys. I'd dive with them again in a second. In fact, I'd search them out on whatever boat they're on. Professional, but kept a very lighthearted atmosphere onboard. Raoul in particular is beyond hilarious. I agree: Mama's food is arroy mahk (very delicious).

Mark and Raoul are not on the boat any more. Mark is still working for Colona, Raoul for another company. After doing liveaboards for a few years, they really needed something else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom