Thailand in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LekicINC

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am going to Thailand in Asia. flying into Bangkok. Ko pha nagan and ko tao are what I was planning, but I am really worried about the crowds. I definetly dont like cattle/soup whatever dives. I am going to Malaysia as well. The trip is not at all planned yet, it went from Malaysia and Idonesia to malaysia and Thailand. Any advice would help. I dont just want good diving, I would love uncrowded beaches as well.

Thanks,
Matt

Even in that time of year, you'll find the best diving on the Andaman Coast: more variety, more colours and better visibility.
Statistically though, the weather will be better in the Gulf of Thailand.

Thanks Steven, What is "bad weather" I here about all the time in the Andaman Coast in August?

Monsoon, rain which can last for days or just an hour (sometimes a couple of times a day) but many days in a row and storms can be part of it as well.

August has about the best conditions possible in the Gulf of Thailand, Sail Rock should have up to 40m viz and whaleshark sightings are common around August.

In general the weather in August is quiet, most of the rains fall in September.
So you should be ok in August, but statistically the weather in the Gulf of Thailand is better that time of year. But as mentioned, the diving is still better on the Andaman Coast.

Andaman Coast it is if i go to thailand...

LekicINC:
I am going to Thailand in Asia. flying into Bangkok. Ko pha nagan and ko tao are what I was planning, but I am really worried about the crowds. I definetly dont like cattle/soup whatever dives. I am going to Malaysia as well. The trip is not at all planned yet, it went from Malaysia and Idonesia to malaysia and Thailand. Any advice would help. I dont just want good diving, I would love uncrowded beaches as well.

Thanks,
Matt

Consider Koh Lipe instead, not that crowded and you can go easily to an empty beach.

For the last 8 yrs i have seen Whales sharks around Tao in August...

could be lucky.

40 m vis?

awesome..............................

you woul dtreally be able to spot the whale sharks then

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom