Thailand Diving Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lukeROB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Managed to get myself a new job and getting a month and a bit off before I start so decided to head over to Thailand - gonna have to up that credit limit :wink:

Anyone got any recommendations for Thai based liveaboards heading out to Similans and Richelieu Rock. Don't want super-expensive but something pretty reasonable.

Any tips would be great - suggested other locations in Thailand also welcome. Any macro type sites.

Glad you decided to go to Thailand. From December to March, diving at Simians is excellent. Please check liveaboard schedule here: www.divestopasia.com
We have few boats to choose from and you can check prices right away. Please send me e-mail if you need more information. Generally, if you have dates set up, we can check availability and confirm your space.

Cheers

yeah, dived with kingfisher, nice boat and a good dive team operating it out to similans / richelieu rock

TDS:
Glad you decided to go to Thailand. From December to March, diving at Simians is excellent. Please check liveaboard schedule here: www.divestopasia.com
We have few boats to choose from and you can check prices right away. Please send me e-mail if you need more information. Generally, if you have dates set up, we can check availability and confirm your space.

Cheers

Thanks TDS, I'll check the site and send you an email.

There's plenty of operators, some like Kingfisher offer good value for money, as does for example Jonathan Cruiser. Higher up in price you will find higher quality.
And: there is a difference in the boats, some are what I would call: diver boats, built by and for divers, and normally expereinced divers on the boat who know what they are doing and want to enjoy, some are not.

Check out www.thailand-scuba.com for a nice overview of lots of boats.

Have fun.

Have a good time, there are plenty of good boats to pick from at various price point. Generally, I prefer to use the Panunee, check it out at www.panunee.com . Nice big comfortable boat, there are many other good cheaper boats out there also, as well as other boats that charge more and are not nearly as nice. The Panunee gives pretty good value for the money in my opinion so at least you can use it to compare how much you should pay for the kind of boat that you will get. I will be on the Panunee myself in February for Burma trip and later on in Lembeh (if things go as plan which almost never does :-( ).

I, personally, would not recommend Kingfisher (1).

Apart from other issues my personnal experience is that they are unreliable and do not deliver.

I have never posted a negative comment about a Thai Liveaboard before, so I will stop there.

Good food though.

lukeROB:
Managed to get myself a new job and getting a month and a bit off before I start so decided to head over to Thailand - gonna have to up that credit limit :wink:

Anyone got any recommendations for Thai based liveaboards heading out to Similans and Richelieu Rock. Don't want super-expensive but something pretty reasonable.

Any tips would be great - suggested other locations in Thailand also welcome. Any macro type sites.

http://www.white-bluedive.com/. Cheaper than the rest.

whitehead:
I, personally, would not recommend Kingfisher (1).

Apart from other issues my personnal experience is that they are unreliable and do not deliver.

I have never posted a negative comment about a Thai Liveaboard before, so I will stop there.

Good food though.

not criticising, but my experience has been the complete opposite, why do you feel this way?

I dove with Colona VI two wekks ago. They go often to Similan Island. Ask steven on the board. I did everything through him (www.thailand-scuba.com) and have a quick and good service. Nice boat, international and simple peoples, good food (the pasta they did once was "al dente". I dove in Hin Daeng. Next time will go to Similan seams that the water is bluer and clearer.

You will for sure enjoy your time there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom