Thailand building artificial reefs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Speaking of artificial reefs, what happened to the phuket aircraft?

Also I not heard anything about the underwater project in Koh Tao for some time, how is that progressing? (The name escapes my memmory)

The thing in Phuket has been completely evaporated, as local people predicted but the DC owner insisted on having this placed more or less in front of his shop. All aircraft are gone, taken away by monsoon currents according to local reports.

The Koh Tao buoyancy project is fine and dandy if that's what you're referring to.

The thing in Phuket has been completely evaporated, as local people predicted but the DC owner insisted on having this placed more or less in front of his shop. All aircraft are gone, taken away by monsoon currents according to local reports.

The Koh Tao buoyancy project is fine and dandy if that's what you're referring to.

Yes I believe that is the one, there was a thread on here some time ago. nice to hear this one is going ok.

Pity about the aircraft though, pity they haven't really simply gone, just no doubt broken up into smaller pieces which will litter the seabed for years to come.

Must be a good thing, the open concrete cubes sunk around Phuket a few years ago (Shark Point & Racha Yai) certainly do attract fish.

Racha_Yai_55_1.jpg

Sadly they do also attract Videographers.......:wink:

We have 3 artificial reefs here on Koh Tao...

The Biorock - these are in many places around the world.

Last years big project was Buoyancy World which is in place and has seen quite some life move in.

Junkyard is our most established artificial reef and the team also do alot of surveying and coral propagation too. This one is my favourite...

I have attached some fotos .....

Attachments

• _DSC4680.jpg
    _DSC4680.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 46
  • _DSC4688.jpg
    _DSC4688.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 47
  • _DSC4739.jpg
    _DSC4739.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 52
  • _DSC5195.jpg
    _DSC5195.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 46
  • _DSC5198.jpg
    _DSC5198.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 47
Good thing is that the DC owner has gone as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom