Thailand Bound

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just came back from diving in Khao Lak with Wet Zone Divers. They have a brand new speedboat they use for day trips to Koh Tachai, Koh Bon, and Richelieu Rock. Two dives per day. Leave 7:45, back by 3:30. They have a good, well-run operation

You're getting to the end of the season, so what @stevenl said (liveaboard being a more stable platform) might be good advice. I can't speak to that personally.

As for bang for the buck, the dives were not cheap.

Anyway, if you decide to do day dives from a speedboat, Wet Zone Divers is likely the best option. In fact, I was recommended to go with them by another company who did not get a referral.

Hope that helps.

I just came back from diving in Khao Lak with Wet Zone Divers. They have a brand new speedboat they use for day trips to Koh Tachai, Koh Bon, and Richelieu Rock. Two dives per day. Leave 7:45, back by 3:30. They have a good, well-run operation

You're getting to the end of the season, so what @stevenl said (liveaboard being a more stable platform) might be good advice. I can't speak to that personally.

As for bang for the buck, the dives were not cheap.

Anyway, if you decide to do day dives from a speedboat, Wet Zone Divers is likely the best option. In fact, I was recommended to go with them by another company who did not get a referral.

Hope that helps.
With 'just' do you mean yesterday? If so, we were on the same boat :)

With 'just' do you mean yesterday? If so, we were on the same boat :)

Not that "just"...I was diving with them the 19th-22nd of February. Took a few days to get home and see the thread I suppose.

Hi,

I have only been diving in the Caribbean and am looking to do a dive trip in southeast Asia.

Base on the posts I read, can I assume that there is no diving (or maybe just liveaboard) between June-Sept in Thailand due to typhoon season?

There is diving year round in both the Gulf of Thailand and the Andaman Sea. Certain divesites in the Andaman Sea though are closed to daytrips and liveaboards. These are the Similans, and Surin Islands, Koh Haa, Hin Daeng and Hin Muang.

Base on the posts I read, can I assume that there is no diving (or maybe just liveaboard) between June-Sept in Thailand due to typhoon season?

June-Sept is actually the best time to dive in the Gulf of Thailand. If you go to Koh Tao they are seeing Whale Sharks weekly in the area right now.

Stevenl, quite clever names for the 4 boats you recommended. :giggle:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom