Thai: where to dive and snorkel in July?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ilariaparigi

Registered
Reaction score
hi guys,:blinking:
I've plannet a 3 weeks holiday in Thailand for next july. Many people told me to avoid Phuket in that period for the dangerous currents that makes impossible to swin safely (I know it's wet season too). I'm considering to go to Ko Tao and the surrounding islands.
do you have useful tips/suggestions for good dives in that area? please consider that I'm a little fish and that when I'm not diving I'm snorkeling.

You should include both Sail Rock and Chumpon Pinnacles in your dive itinerary. They are some of the best dive sites in the Gulf of Thailand.

Bowmouth is right, try and get those 2. Snorkelling is good on Tao also. The surrounding islands? Koh Nang Yuan is right next to Koh Tao and is very nice and very close!
The other 2 islands nearby, Koh Pha Ngan and Koh Samui do not have an awful lot of good snorkelling or diving (at least not without day-ttrips to Tao)

Enjoy.

thanks guys,
do you have any tips for the accomododation? I'm looking for something nice around 2000 bht.
do you suggest me to book in advance or is it possible to find something without booking (this would be the best option for me)
do you know good diving centers? I would like to avoid the big ones as Buddha Diving and Planet scuba as I like to go out with small groups and have personalised attention
thanks again

You wont need to book ahead and for 2000B you will get a very nice place to stay. Just take a look around when you get there for both hotel and dive centre as there are loads around.

You will really enjoy yourself there so have fun....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom