TG5/6 as travel camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A similar thing happened with my Olympus Tough 8000 circa 2009 and I found it confusing so I bought extra batteries and used the recharger instead of the USB cord. Back then the recharger was included in the basic kit.

The problem it that adds weight and takes space both of those are a premium for me, that is why I am switching to Inon S-2000's from my D-2000 (lighter and smaller)

Thanks Guys for all your help, she ordered the Oly TG6 yesterday.

Just be aware that you need to look after the seals, having a little blower to get grit and hairs off the seal is useful. Like all of these compact UW cameras the manual says change out the seals yearly - the seals can and do fail. I bought my daughter the housing as well - even before she learned to dive as the sealing on that is more reliable. We lost a predecessor camera to seal failure a few months after the warranty ran out. The seals under the buttons are membrane seals rather than o-rings I believe and eventually they hole through.

Thanks Chris, I will pass it on to her. I owned a Panasonic 'water proof' camera and always had concerns about the o'rings in it. It went snorkelling soon after buying it on one trip but never again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom