TG Camera/ M52 air lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hope it is okay to hijack this for a side question: Is there such a wide angle lense that is compatible with the TG4 housing?

I believe the Olympus PT-56 for the TG-4 has 52mm threads that will accept the M52 Air lens and the M52 Wide Angle lens.

I believe the Olympus PT-56 for the TG-4 has 52mm threads that will accept the M52 Air lens and the M52 Wide Angle lens.
Correct. Basically, all the TG housings are similar except for control positions to match changes of the camera inside.

My air lens just arrived today (I’m upgrading from a Nikon w300 to a tg6) and it floods without burping. I already tested it out in a bucket. Maybe the original version was closed off? Or maybe they recommend burping to ensure there aren’t any air pockets? Although from how large the holes are, I don’t see that really being a problem. Now I just need to find a compact flash for macro work and I think I’ll be set.

Attachments

• 7CA50B57-A1B0-453F-AF2D-3C344D0354F5.jpeg
    7CA50B57-A1B0-453F-AF2D-3C344D0354F5.jpeg
    66.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 6CC15BB6-4F60-43B2-B69A-3F1A3C9AA86C.jpeg
    6CC15BB6-4F60-43B2-B69A-3F1A3C9AA86C.jpeg
    57 KB · Views: 37
My air lens just arrived today (I’m upgrading from a Nikon w300 to a tg6) and it floods without burping. I already tested it out in a bucket. Maybe the original version was closed off? Or maybe they recommend burping to ensure there aren’t any air pockets? Although from how large the holes are, I don’t see that really being a problem. Now I just need to find a compact flash for macro work and I think I’ll be set.

I have the newer one as well, but I always check for bubbles, and I seem to always have a few on both the air lens and the housing lens, so make sure to check both.

Back
Top Bottom