TG-6 with PT-059

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tfleming23

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am using an Olympus TG-6 with a PT-059 housing. I am able to take decent pictures, but as I am sure many others have seen, the built in flash with the housing isn't quite strong enough and leaves a lot of shots poorly lit. I am looking to upgrade to some sort of strobe, but as I still consider myself a novice I don't want anything that is too complicated or difficult to use. Any suggestions?

I went from a GoPro to the same setup you have. I'm a novice photographer and didn't want a big rig but something that was a step-up from the GoPro. Here's the exact strobe and tray I purchased and I love it. It's simple and easy to set up and break down and travels well. The strobe has a simple on/off switch and takes 4 AA batteries. The recycle time between flashes is very good too. Sea & Sea YS-03 Solis Universal Lighting System Underwater Strobe Package
1688793179503.png

Get the Olympus strobe. It does manual and TTL.

I have the Inon S2000 and like it.

Any strobe will be an ocean better than no strobe, and all three are good. My partner has an MF-1, and its flexibility (including limited capability as a video light) and good focus light are great; the controls are easy once you get it down. I haven’t used an MF-2 but it seems like a significant improvement. Kudos to Backscatter.

I have 2 of the Inon Z330 type 2s and really like them. They have manual and TTL as well as light adjustment, so I can turn them down a bit.

Back
Top Bottom