TG 6/ Sea & Sea YS-03 Solis strobe everything too blue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks. I just picked those two shots because I hadn't yet adjusted the white balance. I had some where I was a foot away with the same blue hue. Fiber cable was in the correct port.
Blue simply means you are not getting light from the strobe onto the subject, either because the strobe is not firing, or not firing at the right time, or is too far from the subject, or is not pointed at the subject. Do you have any really close pix u/w, or is everything pretty far away?

I've got some really close up, but I had already messed with the exposure/color and trashed the originals. They still suck, but less so.

P7160029-M.JPG
P7160028.JPG

In the pictures above its the same eel from the same distance. Once with the strobe and once without.

I've got some really close up, but I had already messed with the exposure/color and trashed the originals. They still suck, but less so.
LOL. Never trash the originals, post-process copies.

Also those are untouched original jpegs, far from nat geo quality, just illustrates strobe/no strobe weak batteries slow recycle, in this case end of third dive
Thanks for sharing. It helps me see just how impactful the strobe is!

I have your same set up. The above posts should get you right. You didn't mention if you had it set on a "scene" setting or not. The " fill in" flash is easy to overlook.

The other thing to try with the TG6, especially during the day is do a custom white balance capture on the sand. I think you need to be in P mode for the custom white balance capture.

Otherwise, just grab the RAW file and do white balance adjustment in post

Back
Top Bottom