TG 6 Flooded with Water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ahmed Maharek

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello I was going snorkeling with My TG 6 when I entered the water I found that the USB port is opened also it was closed before I went in water.

The camera stopped working now and the lens is fogged, and screen seems to have water behind it.
I removed the battery and dried the camer then tray the rice method since yesterday but no response.

Any one have an experience like that, unfortunately I don't have olympus repair center in my country here in Egypt.
If any one have same experience please share with me.

Ouch that's not good at all as I'm sure you know, hopefully someone can give you something better but I would say a new camera is the only fix on that one.

Place in a bag of RICE and hope for the best!

Sad to say the future does not look bright for the camera. Even if it dries out and starts to work it's likely only a matter of time before corrosion of some sort causes it to fail for good. This will most likely occur at the same instant as a once in a lifetime photo op. Replace to he camera. If it was brand new to you and you bought with a credit card they may replace it, AMEX has saved me in the past.

Hello I was going snorkeling with My TG 6 when I entered the water I found that the USB port is opened also it was closed before I went in water.

The camera stopped working now and the lens is fogged, and screen seems to have water behind it.
I removed the battery and dried the camer then tray the rice method since yesterday but no response.

Any one have an experience like that, unfortunately I don't have olympus repair center in my country here in Egypt.
If any one have same experience please share with me.
So sorry.
The USB port doesn't just open itself; it was not closed properly.
The camera is "totaled."
This is why there is insurance, and underwater housings, and check lists.

Remove batteries, thoroughly rinse with fresh water, then dry out for a week in rice and hope. But almost certainly dead.

Yes, adding fresh water seems counter intuitive, but dried salt water will 100% kill the camera.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom