TG-3 & TG-4 Housing Options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all! I have used the case few times. I find the photos come quite dark compared to the ones I was getting without the case, even at the same depth and place using the same settings. Still trying to figure out why... I have seen the videos and photos from the Olympus original case, without the use of a strobe, and they come way better, not dark and better color balance without the use of a red filter, so I don´t know if it is an issue with this case... If anybody has any advise will be happy to hear any.

This is an older thread, but with useful information.

I have some questions about the underwater housings of Meikon and Lympus

I own a Olympus TG5, out of the box not suitable for diving (only 15 meter 50ft), The price of the PT-058 housing is rising, so I'm considering to buy the Meikon Sea Frogs housing. The dimensions of the Meikon are bigger:

Seafrog Olympus

Width: 170 mm 157 mm
Height: 127 mm 122 mm
Thickness: 85 mm 81 mm
----------------------------------------

Maybe this is the cause of the positive buoyancy What about the quality of the Meikon compare with the PT-058? The windows of the Meikon look smaller then the back screen of the TG-5. Is this true? Any other information to make my decision easier is welcome, Thanks in advance.

From a new member

I have the same question re the TG 4 seafrog. It looks like the screen window is smaller than the screen on the camera.

Back
Top Bottom