Texas Mudhole Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Odin

Registered
Reaction score
I used to know of this group called Texas Mudhole Divers but I lost track of them, does anybody know if they have a group on the internet?

They were/are based out of Carrollton, Texas. I found them on a list of dive clubs but no web address. Maybe someone in the Scubadillo's dive club could help?

This site has some good info on it....Dive Texas

Actually, the Scubadillo's are where I got the idea for our name. They are known as "Swamp Divers", and are a commitee of the ScubaDillos. Their reason for being was to explore some of the other Texas lakes and rivers to discover if they were worth diving with the entire club.

Marc Thompson, the current VP of the Scubadillo's, posesses the legal rights to the name "Swamp Divers" (he says he owns the trademark or copyright). While on my trip to the NC wrecks in October, I obtained verbal permission from him, to use the name "Texas Swamp Diving Team" as long as we followed his requested conditions which were:
  • Promote that the TSDT and his group are two totally seperate entities, and that the TSDT is a chapter of NDI,
  • Always be safe, professional, courteous, pleasant, and helpful set of divers,
  • Never, ever get into trouble with anybody.
This is the first I have heard of "Texas Mudhole Divers", so I'm afraid I don't have any background info on them.

Originally posted by TexasMike
I obtained verbal permission from him, to use the name "Texas Swamp Diving Team" as long as we followed his requested conditions which were:
  • Promote that the TSDT and his group are two totally seperate entities, and that the TSDT is a chapter of NDI,
  • Always be safe, professional, courteous, pleasant, and helpful set of divers,
  • Never, ever get into trouble with anybody.

couldn't pass that one up

Hi ya TexasMike,

I gotta ask ya, how does one honor such a broad based request, per Marc's condition no. 3
"Never, ever get into trouble with anybody." :confused:

Well heck...all you have to do is sneeze in the wrong direction. :maniac:

Hi Odin,

Are you looking for a specific person with Texas Mudhole Divers? My instructor (private) actually has the DBA for this name in Houston. And he teaches at Alvin College.

Sue

Originally posted by Texas Tek-diver
how does one honor such a broad based request, per Marc's condition no. 3
Well, anyone might have been a bit of a broad term. Perhaps if it was narrowed down to "authority".

If you are referring to the Texas Mud Divers club, it no longer exists. I used to belong to it and we closed shop in '98, I believe.

/Mike
Diverguy.com

Back
Top Bottom