Texas Clipper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LVX

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello everyone,

Just thought I would pass on a quick note. We just got back from diving the Texas Clipper on Sat. We did 2 dives on the Clipper and 1 dive on a rig. I will have a full report up on my website soon, but for now I just wanted to pass on this pic. While diving on the rig, we had the privilege of a whale shark who stayed with us the entire dive (50 minutes). Many of us were able to get within a few inches as it repeatedly circled the legs of the rig. It was a great experience...

whale_shark.bmp

This whale shark has apparently been around for some time making 3 different appearances. It is also thought to be a juvenile. It was roughly 25 ft long.

thanks

Layne

Last edited:
Smell that really green smell? Yep, that's my envy.

that looks sweet......he was pretty docile around you guys?

What was the visibility? I want to head down there for a weekend after I do my certification dive.

Great shot! And yes, my screen turned a bit green, too. Oh, well, I'll be heading out to the Gulf next week. Maybe I'll finally get my own whale shark photo!

By the way, did someone get a shot of the shark's spots and turn it in to the watch group? Just curious.

Reads and looks like a great trip. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the compliment but I did not take the shot. It was in an email Tim O'Leary sent out and he did not reference who took the shot. I should have been clear about that.

I almost didn't make that particular dive. I was feeling a little seasick and had decided not to go, but when Tim jumped in and immediately came back up yelling, "Whale Shark" who could say no...

Really glad I didn't but I didn't want to mess with my camera...

thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom