Texas Clipper Update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carlislere

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Here is the latest update on the Texas Clipper from American Diving:

Greetings from South Texas and the home of the Texas Clipper!

Texas Clipper Update.
The press event, sponsored by Texas Parks and Wildlife, was a learning experience for all that attended. This ship is richly dipped in history from WWII through her days as a training vessel for Texas A&M.
We are currently putting together as catalog of photos for you of her rich history.
Link onto www.divesouthpadre.com for current photos and a artistic rendering by Paul Hammerschmidt of Texas Parks and Wildlife as to what she will look like underwater. She will have mooring balls fore and aft with a navigation buoy off of her bow.
The reefing date has been set between May 5 and May 11. The MV Diver I (40 pax) and the MV Double Sunshine (88 pax) will be on site during the reefing should you want to participate in the viewing of the sinking. Reservations at 956-761-2030.
The Clipper Express schedule aboard the Diver I will be running 5 days a week from memorial day through September 15. For rates and departures times, please contact American Diving at 956-761-2030 or email amdiving1@aol.com.

Thanks again to Texas Parks and Wildlife and Jim Morrison for making the dream a legend.

September 16 through 22 is Dive Week on South Padre Island. Deep Discounts at hotels, restaurants, and dive boats on the Island for divers!!!!

Hotel Rates:
The Travel Lodge is offering diver and dive group rates for American Diving customers diving the Texas Clipper. Call Monica or David at the Travel Lodge for diver rates (956-761-4744) and /or see www.southpadretravelodge.com.
If you need further assistance with hotel/motel accommodations please call us.

Locals discount:
Our way of thanking you for supporting local South Texas diving for all these years. If you have a RGV drivers license, we will give you a local divers card allowing you deep discounts on dive trips to the Texas Clipper with space available. Come see us or call 956-761-2030.

Local Dives:
April 28 and 29th.
Pats Wreck and Little Sara two dives each day.
Spearfishing season will be open in Federal Waters.
$165

May 5
The Godfather and the Deep 6 " Double Wreck Special"
Spearfishing allowed!
$165

May 11 through >>>>>>>>>>>>
The Texas Clipper
Be a Part of the Legend
Dive the Texas Clipper
956-761-2030

Ron... thanks for the information.

TwoBitTxn:
What is an RGV drivers license?

Rio Grande Valley

The reefing has been postponed until June. There is some tar-like material in the ship that has to be sand-blasted.

carlislere:
The reefing has been postponed until June. There is some tar-like material in the ship that has to be sand-blasted.
Bummer, I was getting really excited about that trip.

Willie

Hey guys.

As some of you know, I'm having a party at Oak Hill Scuba on Saturday May 5, from 2:00 - 6:30. I've just made arrangements for Larry McKinney of Texas Parks and Wildlife to be at the party. He is bringing a slide presentation and will be talking about the sinking of the texas Clipper. He'll be here from 2:00 to about 4:00. be sure to come by the shop and get the latest update on this great new wreck.

Mack Diver:
Hey guys.

As some of you know, I'm having a party at Oak Hill Scuba on Saturday May 5, from 2:00 - 6:30. I've just made arrangements for Larry McKinney of Texas Parks and Wildlife to be at the party. He is bringing a slide presentation and will be talking about the sinking of the texas Clipper. He'll be here from 2:00 to about 4:00. be sure to come by the shop and get the latest update on this great new wreck.

What was learned about the sinking at the presentation?? :huh: :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom