Texans! Check this deal to CZM!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zagnut

Reaction score
Dang!! A week in Diving Heaven: air and hotel for $299.00! That's just nuts!...Nuts I tell ya!!..

http://dir.travelzoo.com/Vacations.asp?intCategory=55&id=115397

Last year I got a deal to CZM thru Funjet staying at the same hotel. It was 4 days/ 3 nites; air and hotel for $269.00. That's the best I've ever done...This one beats it!

I've never heard of Tropical Travel but at that price, I think I'd take a chance on them...if only I had a week off from work... Oh well.

Anybody out there ever heard of Tropical Travel? I wonder how they are.

Stayed at Casa Del Mar a while back. Motel 6 rooms and beds. Small pool with swim up bar. Drinks were ok

Food at in house restraunt was always cold and greasy

Diving with Del mar Aquatics fast boats was a pleasure. Boats were never crowded and divemasters were very knowledgeable.
They found marine life that was hidden to most.

I would definitely use Del Mar Aquatics again, but probably not stay at Casa Del Mar.

Any idea how much the DIVING and food would be? Is Del Mar Aquatics located at the hotel? Is there another op that might be better in the area? Any other info?

:confused:

I wasn't real impressed with the hotel, although the grounds, pool, and bar were pretty nice. It seemed like it was once really nice, but had gotten kinda run down, but it was a clean bed and a shower, so I didn't have any real problems with it. I spent the majority of the time either in the water, in town, or sleeping. I liked the breakfast buffet, which was included in the cost of my package, just fine. In fact I rather enjoyed it, but ate all my other meals in town, so I can't really judge the restaurant.

There is an on site dive shop, but I didn't use them. I used Papa Hogs, which is about a half mile up the road (give or take). They pick up at the hotel dive shop's peir, though, so it's about like diving with the onsite op.

As far as diving and eating costs, I can't speak for onsite facilities as I've never really used them, but our dives were about $55 for a two-tank dive. How many you do is up to you so cost can vary depending on how much diving you do.
Dining costs?.. well that's really up to you as well. We ate in town and had a couple lunches at the Hogtown Cafe next to Papa Hogs, and at Diamond DC bakery and those places are fairly cheap, but good. We also ate at some restaurants in town that weren't so cheap, but were good as well (Casa Mission..the one back away from the plaza, and El Capi Navegante)...I'm also a good friend of the Margarias and Cervezas down there, so that drove up the cost as well.
:boozer:
Dang!!...Now I'm gettin the jones just takling about it... :freak:

Special Offer from tropicaltravel.net LLC: Top 20 deal - sells out quickly!
$299 -- Cozumel Package from Dallas, 7 Nights & Air *
Cozumel, Mexico

YEAH BUT.....

* Terms/Conditions:
Prices are per person, based on double occupancy. Midweek travel, and prices are capacity controlled and subject to availability. Prepaid government taxes and fees of $119 and PFC's of up to $25 per person are not included.

Unless otherwise indicated, fares listed on Travelzoo do not include all applicable taxes, charges and government imposed fees.

Click here for information on air fees and taxes.
=Passenger Facility Charges: Passenger Facility Charges (PFCs) of up to $18.00 USD may apply depending upon the itinerary chosen.

Federal Excise Tax: A federal excise tax of $3.00 USD does apply per flight segment, if this tax is not included already in the advertised fare. A flight segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing.

September 11th Security Fee: A September 11th Security Fee of $2.50 USD applies per flight segment (maximum charge per trip--$5.00 USD one-way, $10.00 USD round-trip). A flight segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing.

U.S. or International Departure and Arrival Charges: U.S. or international government imposed taxes and fee of up to $200.00 USD may apply depending upon the itinerary chosen.

Shipping & Handling Fees: Some travel companies or their agents may impose shipping and/or handling fees if you request paper tickets or for certain types of transactions.

Service Fee: Companies listing offers on Travelzoo may charge a service fee.

Itinerary Changes/Cancellations/Refunds: Itinerary changes, if permitted for the fare, may have a change fee of up to $150.00 USD that will vary by market, carrier and specific fare rule.

BEWARE THE FINE PRINT

:upset: :upset: :upset: :upset:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom