testing ttl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oversea

Reaction score
I have an ikelite c5050 housing and ds125 strobe. I had heard, blocking the camera of light and taking a picture (on auto at camera, ttl on strobe) the strobe will fire at full power and then the strobe indicators will blink to indicate full power. I can't make it do that. I tried covering the lense but no full power. The ttl does appear to work as I see variations in lighting exposure as I play around. Any input would be great.

I am not familiar with the oly TTL system. have no idea how it communicates with the strobe

have you sent Ike a message?

another test is to set the camera to the widest aperture and point the strobe at the lens and fire the camera, the strobe should produce a very small flash and the light on the strobe will go off and back on in a millisecond! covering the lens an firing the camera should at the very least cause the strobe to produce a more powerful flash AND the strobe light will go off for at least a second.

otherwise I would think the strobe may be the issue as any other faulty component, camera, cord, should cause the strobe to show the underexposure warning ( flashing indicator light on the strobe )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom